Monday 15 May 2017

Under the weather....

I do wish the weather would decide what it's doing! After a day of glorious sunshine we're back to cool rain again her in the northwest. Hopefully you're having better weather.
I was playing (spritzing and smooshing) with my distress oxides (cracked pistachio and broken china) and the way they ran on the texture of the Tim Holtz cardstock reminded me of rain and so this card was born. Whilst the panel was still wet I spritzed some pewter Pssst! Sheer Shimmer Spritz from a great height over it so I got a very fine misting.
Using a scrap of copic card I stamped the bunny from Stamping Bella in memento black ink and they coloured him in with my copics and fussy cut him out. When my background panel was dry I stamped the Inkylicious raindrops in memento London Fog as I didn't want a harsh outline. When dry I added glossy accents to the raindrops and the top of the umbrella and some "puddles" to the background. I sprinkled a tiny bit of glamour dust from a height over the glossy accents whilst wet, so that a tiny bit was caught in it, hopefully the next photo captures some of this along with some of the shine from the pewter.
I trimmed the panel to fit on a 5x7 (I hope you were sitting down when you realised it wasn't a 6x6 card!) card and mat and layered it up with green and yellow card, before adding the bunny on foam tape. At this point I coloured in the handle of the umbrella with a uniball silver sparkle pen (so that I wouldn't be tempted to test it was dry with my finger and smudge it). I stamped the sentiment from the Clearly Besotted Under the Weather set, and mat and layered it to match and added it to the card with some foam tape.
Just so you know it's not only me who's mad in this household, this was what I found when I got up yesterday...

8 comments:

  1. A lovely card, the background is brilliant and perfect for The cute bunny with his brolly. Wonder what your bunny was watching?!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What's he/she watching re-runs of Rag, Tag and Bobtail.... you won't know them, a kiddies program on Watch with Mother when even I was very young.
    Love those raindrops and the the gorgeous image, super card.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha Ha! Those are the kind of things my husband gets up to.

    Super cute card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If I was feeling under the weather this would definitely cheer me up, it's lovely! That bunny must be male as he's hogging the remote Lol! Happy crafty week, Angela xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Cara, a super cute card, love the texture and the glossy raindrops. I see that your bunny gets up to mischief while you are sleeping! Have a wonderful week... Megan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yep, none of my comments from my phone stuck. UGH. I LMAO when I saw what your hubby left you. I love your background and the clever addition of shimmer to the umbrella to make it feel like rain hitting it - genius! 5x7 cards are still too big for me, I get a big scared with that much space. Cx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Heee I thought it was only my hubby does daft stuff like that, bet you had a good giggle :)
    Cute bunny card, those raindrops look fab!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nothing better than a sense of humour, could have left a bit of chocolate there as well. Love your card with the raindrops and the wet look to the umbrella, perfection.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Please ignore any requests to prove you're not a robot and just press publish. Cara x