Sunday 7 May 2017

Hi-ya!

Happy Sunday! After a very grey and chilly day yesterday, today we have glorious sunshine here in the northwest. Sadly my neck and shoulders are very sore after my trip out yesterday, so I can't go out and enjoy it as much as I'd like.
When I returned home yesterday a new set of dies that I'd purchased from one of the Chinese sellers on eBay for a huge £2.96 was waiting on my doormat. Immediately I knew what to make with one of my new purchases, a piece of ninja film strip with the ninja jumping out of it.
I die cut the film strip out of a scrap of black card, and then cut it again out of a scrap of white card so I could slot the centre of the frames back in. I put a stripe of spectrum noir sparkle pen across the top of each piece and used a wet paint brush to blend it out. I stamped a sentiment from the ninja set on one of them once dry. I then glued it all onto a 6x6 card base.
I stamped in versafine 2 of the same ninjas from the set and one of one of the others, and coloured their faces, hands and sashes with zig clean colour pens. I then cut them out using the matching dies. My ninjas were a bit too big for the frames and so I snipped them down to fit, before gluing them on. The full ninja I added with foam tape to emphasise him jumping out.
I stamped some of the tiny throwing star thingys using my finger tip as the stamp block in the corners and coloured them in with a spectrum noir sparkle pen. Finally, I added a doodled border to finish.
I've added the second pic in the hope that it picks up some of the sparkle, but also to show you the other dies that were included in the film strip set. Very impressed with them and they only took about 2 weeks to arrive. As I used bits of white and black card from the bit box, I'm taking this card over to the Snippets Playground where hopefully Parsnip's figured out how to set up the hammocks!

12 comments:

  1. Cute card. I love all the goodies from the pictures below. Oh what fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet ninja snippets card. Love the look of yr new dies too xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh, you didn't hang about!! A super cute card xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun card, Cara, a super design. Very inventive idea to use your finger as the stamping block! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cara what a fun and happy card this is!! Super
    Cheers
    Dr Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great fun card Cara and loving those dies too. Have a great fun week, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a bargain you had with those dies. Fun scene you've created with the adorable Ninja's x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super card Cara - love those Ninjas with the film strip. Such a great set of dies as well - wonderful value.

    Parsnip is still practising his knots for the hammocks - it could be Autumn before he figures it all out!

    Great to see you in the Playground again!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cara, I absolutely love this card, I love Ninja's - my friends call me a clumsy Ninja, as I love Ninja movies, but couldn't be one as I am super clumsy LOL. I've wanted this stamp set for a while. Love your fim strip. Cx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Cara,
    wonderful card and such a great design and theme.
    I too have bought some of those dies they are good value for money arn't they.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Cara
    Love your Ninjas. Did wonder how long these dies took to arrive but 2 weeks isn't bad so may take the plunge.
    Best wishes.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cara I love that! I need those ninjas!!

    Susan xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Please ignore any requests to prove you're not a robot and just press publish. Cara x