Saturday 13 May 2017

Sweet Stampin' - Shabby Chic


Wow, Saturday already and time for a new challenge over at Sweet Stampin' and this week we want to see your "Shabby Chic" creations.
I started off with a 6x6 card ( I know, who'd have thought it!) and trimmed some golden brown card slightly smaller to make my base mat. I scraped round the edges of the paper with my scissors to distress them. 
I chose this patterened paper from an old Lili of the Valley pad as I thought it had a vintage feel and distressed it in the same way and added to the card. I stamped the Lili of the Valley distressed sentiment in Delicata Golden Glitz ink on a square piece of card. In reality it has a lovely shimmer, hopefully the second pic will show some of that. I then distressed the edges and added it to the card at an angle.
I die cut Sue Wilson's Vinery die out of the golden brown card and snipped them into pieces to tuck them behind some paper flowers from Wild Orchid Crafts. I added a few brown/gold gems and of course a little faux stitching to finish.
I'm looking forward to seeing your wonderful creations, just remember that you need to include some stamping on your project. 

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful. The brown card makes it all look so elegant. I really must get a delicate pad, it has such a lovely finish
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you've put together a vintage (ish) card with a contemporary font stamp...very creative x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty & delicate. Love the sentiment in the Delicata gold too xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Cara,
    a beautifully created design and such a wonderful sentiment.
    Love the gorgeous paper.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Cara
    Beautiful! That ink really sparkles. Mojo has returned with a bang then lol?
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning Cara! I love this to bits!! The gold on the sentiment is just delish! Love that pretty floral paper too. Gorgeous. Hugs, Wends xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cara, this is stunning, I love the gold sentiment. Great idea to have a simple, bold statement to balance out the fussier paper. Cx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Please ignore any requests to prove you're not a robot and just press publish. Cara x