Saturday 27 May 2017

Sweet Stampin' - Very Old Stash

Happy Saturday! It's a bank holiday weekend here in England, so I'm expecting the heatwave to vanish and to have golf ball sized hailstones by lunch!
Why not shelter inside and join us this week at Sweet Stampin'  as we want you to dig out some of your very old stash. We all fall prey to the lure of shiny new stash, but let's dig something neglected out from the back of the cupboard and show it some love.
I used a really old stamp set for my card this week, "Basil" from Happy Harvest by Trimcraft, copyright 2010 according to the packaging! I have to confess that I remember colouring up this particular image when I first got it, but it's been languishing in my box of bits until now, poor thing. I'd initally just trimmed down the image, rounded the corners and added some faux stitching (yep, still doing it 7 years later...). To revitalise it I trimmed it down using a spellbinders labels 8 die (that's been in my stash for a bit, they must be up to labels 178 by now) and then I added a frame using decorative labels 8. My paper is from an old Lili of the Valley pad, possibly One Birdie Lane, that I've had for years. I finished it off with a bit of crochet type lace that had been lurking in my stash for several years. Simples! I'm looking forward to seeing your creations, just remember to include some stamping to be in with a chance to be in our top three.

13 comments:

  1. Beautiful colors and love the framed die. WOW I haven't been in a hail storm in a decade and half, I almost forgot how it looks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have that paper somewhere too! really must use up some of my old stash - I'm such a hoarder! Cute card btw!

    Sharon
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Cara...Cute image and good to use some old stash....Joolsx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Cara,
    what a wonderful card and that image is real cute.
    Great designing as always.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card Cara, love the image and your colours, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  6. So it is your fault that we have had heavy rain today! Really great image and great use of some oldie but goodie items, super card.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Cara, what a cute image! Love the frame die you used too. Hope your hail storm isn't too bad, we often get small hailstone storms but sometimes they save up and dump them over the city and they can be cricket ball sized. Have a wonderful week... Megan

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a cutie creation! Love this! Judy x

    ReplyDelete
  9. He is one cute bunny. I love how you have revamped him for this card. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aww cute bunny, glad he got inked again!
    Our weather's looking a bit grim for today too, but hopefully it's just the weather men getting a bit excitable again ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. How gorgeous to be able to pull out some older stash for this challenge! I love what you did for it Cara. Basil is fabulous and so's your gorgeous card design hun. Love that pretty frame. Hugs, Wends xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. He looks such a character. It's a very pretty card Cara and well done using up some old stash. We've all got so much of it, haven't we. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey Cara, I hope the BH wasn't a wash out. We had the same BH here and the weather was glorious until the Monday!!! I really like your cute Bunny, digging for carrots!! I dislike carrots, its a maternal female thing, none of the ladies from my ma's side of the family like carrots?! That frame is gorgeous..I want a poke in your die collection. Cx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Please ignore any requests to prove you're not a robot and just press publish. Cara x