Friday 26 May 2017

Ice Cream

Phew! Is anyone else melting in the heat? Sooo glad I'm not at work at the moment, our uniforms aren't made for summer!
I decided to have a play with this very appropriate new stamp from Lili of the Valley, Alice Ice Cream. I stamped it in Versafine on watercolour card with my misti to get a good impression. I then coloured it in with zig clean colour pens and a waterbrush. I added some clouds with an Elizabeth Crafts stencil and sea breeze versamagic chalk ink using a mini blending tool. Another new purchase was the Hunkydory Framed With Love die set which they've released to tie in with their Little Books range, being the perfect size to co-ordinate with them. I die cut the frame out of purple card and in a moment of madness ( I blame the heat!) decided to inlay the frame rather than stick it on top of the image panel. I also inlaid the sentiment die from the same set. I used some old Lil of the Valley papers on my card base and used a sizzix interlocking ovals strip die in purple to balance out the card, along with a few pearls to finish.
Shh, don't tell anyone but I rescued the image panel with sentiment attached from my original attempt at this card. It wasn't pretty. Heck, it wasn't even attractive in a poor light! Fortunately, I'd added the image panel on foam tape so I managed to save it.
Hope you all enjoy the lovely weather, I'm doing my best to keep the bunnies cool with frozen water bottles and wet towels over their run. Hot weather's not fun if you're wearing a fur onesie, poor things!

10 comments:

  1. Yep, I'm melting it the heat too. Super card, Cara, really cute image and you must have had a BIG moment of madness to inlay all those little pieces! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cara,
    I too am finding the heat hoorible out of door but my bungalow stays fairly cool thank goodness.
    I wanted to take a walk today but it was too hot so maybe tomorrow.

    Love your wonderful card and that image is just so very sweet.
    Fab die cut around the image also.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a darling image and beautiful lacy frame, Cara! Love your coloring too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute image, love the frame and the LOTV papers, really lovely card.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Cara, that is one very sweet card. Happy crafty weekend, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Cara....what a sweet image....great colours and love the frame....Joolsx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Cara....what a sweet image....great colours and love the frame....Joolsx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful card, love this little sweetie holding the rabbits hand. It just tugs at the heart, so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aww - how CUTE is this? VERY!
    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I want to know how many Bunny stamps you have..I think your Bunny collection and my Monster collection should get together! This is particularly cute. Again, your die collection is swoony and makes me want to come visit and have a nosy. I always LOL at you and the heat, I LOVE being that hot..it's why I put up with NYC winters. Cx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Please ignore any requests to prove you're not a robot and just press publish. Cara x