Monday 1 May 2017

With Love

Well, this certainly isn't CAS. Whilst rummaging through my die box the other day, I came across this leafy corner frame that I bought for about £3 on eBay and decided it would work perfectly with the Hunkydory Monkey stamp set.
I stamped out some monkeys on white card and coloured them in with my zig clean colour pens before fussy cutting them out. I used the frame die to roughly mark out its position on a 6x6 card blank (yep, still working through that bulk buy!). I then used my new Elizabeth Craft Cloud and Grass stencil to add some clouds within the frame with a blue chalk ink pad and a mini blending tool. I die cut the frame out of light green card and added it to the card. I then glued the monkeys on the card, but not the one hanging off the sentiment. 
I had a gap in the middle of the card for a sentiment and rather than stamp one from the set decided a die cut would be easier. I found this wiggly line sentiment (another eBay purchase) and die cut it out of bright green card. I snipped the die cut slightly to fit and realised that I could snip it to make it look like the monkeys were holding it. I had one monkey left over on my table and so decided to hang him from the sentiment. I wanted to make the sentiment look like it was a vine and so die cut some more leaf dies from eBay out of the bright green card and snipped them to add to the sentiment, including one leaf for the dot on the i.
At this point I decided that the cloud in the bottom right corner was a little pale and so went back in with the stencil and chalk ink. Typically, I got ink outside of the frame and so die cut some more leaf dies in light green card to hide it. I added in more leaves to the frame to tie it all in and some bright green to tie in the sentiment. This left me with a few dodgy looking joins and so I stamped some bananas from the monkey stamp set, coloured and fussy cut them and then scattered them about the frame. I know bananas don't grow like this, but obviously the monkeys had picked some and left the lying about as snacks! To finish I added some glossy accents to their noses.
Looking at the pic I can see a stray hair or somethings by the l of love, so I've dusted that off now..

13 comments:

  1. Clever , clever card..just love how you've incorporated all the fun elements and kept going to hide 'things' along the way. A real treat of a card...Thank you x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the faces on the monkeys and the super dies, brilliant design.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely fabulous Cara, such a fun card, brilliantly designed, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute. What a lot of fussy cutting. You did a great job. Very nice. I love the glossy accents on their noses.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant Cara and super cute and very vlever, love it. Happy crafty week, Angela xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Cara, I love this and I am LOL, great minds think alike, last night I made a Monkey and Bananas card using the freebie set from one of the UK magazines my Ma sent me. I love the way you have used that leafy corner frame, it's pretty spesh for £3!! Hope you had a great Bank Holiday (very jealous, I was at work..) Cx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Cara,
    what a brilliant card and that scene is really super.
    Your colouring and fussy cutting is excellent.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  8. hee hee . . . fun card! Now stop monkeying around! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a fabulous card. i love the die cut frame, made all the better with your additions! Those bananas came in handy.

    Those monkeys are the cutest little things!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fun card with all those cheeky monkeys enjoying their bananas Cara. I love how you made a perfect background scene for them.

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOL what a fab fun card! That was a LOT of fussy cutting you did!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Please ignore any requests to prove you're not a robot and just press publish. Cara x