Saturday 20 May 2017

Smile!


Happy Weekend! I've scheduled this post as I'm off crafting today and have another workshop tomorrow with the InkBuds; Hels Sheriden and Pauline Wheeler.
If you watched Dr Who a couple of weeks ago, you'll know exactly why I had to buy this Avery Elle stamp set "that bites"!
I stamped the fish on stamping card and coloured them in with my zigs, before fussy cutting them out. 
I used a piece of distress coredinations cardstock and embossed it with a Dutch doobadoo wavy stripes stencil and sanded it back slightly to highlight the dots. The sentiment is from a Clearly Besotted birthday set. After adding the fish to the card with foam tape I added glossy accents to their eyes and teeth. My perfectionist streak kicked in after I added glossy accents and distress vintage platinum glitter to the "light" on the escapee fish from Dr Who. It just didn't look right...
 
So, after it had dried I then added a bit of Limoncello Nuvo Jewel drops on top. Much happier with the result, more like a light source. Hope you all have a creative weekend x

17 comments:

  1. Haha, love those fish! Super card
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this set. You did a great job. I love the glossy accents on it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous fun card Cara, brilliant images and colours, love the fishes and that embossing folder, just back from holiday and catching up, hope you are well and enjoying your weekend, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes I am smiling! Love this! Judy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning card, love it, super background and fabulous images.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Cara, a super card, love the fish all showing their teeth and the way you created the light! Have a wonderful week... enjoy your workshops... Megan

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great fun card Cara and I love how you embellished the fish! Great bubble background it really setts the scene!
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Cara
    Hilarious! Love the sentiment and the fish are so funny.
    Best wishes.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bwahahaha, that sentiment is hilarious Cara! Lovin the bubbles too :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. HAHA, another fun card Cara! Love the water bubbles background, what a great backdrop for your hilarious fishies!! I love their googly eyes, reminds me of what could be a scene from a wonderful animated movie!! Fantastic sentiment too, well done! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey Cara, this is one of my fave stamps sets, if you were one of my insta buddies, you would have seen that I used this in my art journal this week. Love your background. Cx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Cara,
    what brilliant card and that emboosed background looks just like bubbles.
    Love the ownderful stamped fish also.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  13. If you had entered this card in any challenges, it would have won, Cara! It is so fun and so vibrant and so detailed as only a perfectionist could do! The colors, the sanding of the bubbles, and all the gloss and glitter took this awesome card to the next level!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  14. These fish are certainly reminiscent of the recent Doctor Who episode (which I quite enjoyed BTW). I think Bill and the Doctor would approve of the vibrant colours, although perhaps they may have been a little bright under the ice!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is hilarious. Love the sentiment here....and those fish are so darn cute!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Are you kidding me? I CANNOT watch Dr Who - it is FAR TOO SCARY! (Shudders at the thought!) Cyber men and Daleks are my limit! Yes, I know, I AM a wimp! Sue me!

    Oh yes, on to your card . . . it cracked me up. So much fun going on. The fish are hilarious and the sentiment is PERFECT with them.

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. ahhh there they are again and mmmmlove that sentiment and your background.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Please ignore any requests to prove you're not a robot and just press publish. Cara x