Tuesday 16 May 2017

Oooh sparkly!


Not perfect (don't look at the beak), but this was my first attempt playing with the glitzcraft frosting paste and stencils that I bought at Happy Stampers. Don't know how well it shows up but I used two shades of blue for the kingfisher and two shades of green on the leaves. This was my first attempt at using multiple colours. The sparkle doesn't really show up, so hopefully this slightly out of focus shot will show it more.
Once dry I added in some clouds using an Elizabeth Craft stencil and versamagic chalk ink with a small blending tool. I trimmed it down to 5x5 and added green and dark blue mats before mounting it on a 6x6 card blank. Simples!

7 comments:

  1. The sparkle shows up perfectly Cara, great image and background and love the sparkly image.
    I have ben playing with Cosmic Shimmer glitter paste, not as good results as your.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely sparkly Kingfisher indeed. He looks rather regal. hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Cara, a very sparkly Kingfisher indeed, love the background you have created for the bird, a nice warm day now all he needs is some dinner! Have a wonderful week... Megan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Cara, yes it definitely is sparkly! Lovely card. I think you've made a good job with the paste considering it's your first attempt, it's not easy stuff to apply. Thanks for the visit to mine and happy woyww. Angela x 15 x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous sparkly card Cara.....great image and background...Joolsx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ugh, I have just realised that I can't comment on posts from my phone - what's up with that! I love this card, the paste is amazing, I want some of it. Back to 6x6 I see ;) Cx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooooh that sparkle looks absolutely amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Please ignore any requests to prove you're not a robot and just press publish. Cara x