Tuesday 12 July 2016

Graduation



Yay, it's Tuesday which means that tomorrow is my day off! I do love only working 4 days a week, not so keen on the effect on my bank balance though, but it does mean that I only ever have to cope with two days at work before a break.
Are you bored of pixie powder backgrounds and crazy birds yet? Today's card uses the left over bit of background from yesterday's card. I think I'd sprinkled a couple of colours of the pixie dust on top of the star stencil and spritzed it with water and then placed a sheet of card on top and rubbed it down, meaning that the stars remained white, but some of the water pooled around them. I think I've got 10 colours of pixie powders, they do have a label on them showing the colours, but I've found a few extra colours in some of them than are shown on the label. I'll try and do some swatches to show you.
I stamped the scroll and hat from the crazy things set and die cut them with the matching dies. I coloured the hat with a dark blue/grey copic marker so that the black stamped details were still visible. The sentiment is from a TPC set called, unsurprisingly, Graduation and the star is from that set too. As usual a bit of doodling to finish off.
Now, I have to ask you all a favour, will you all just sit on your hands for a bit? I'm still trying to catch up on commenting and you are all just being far too creative and posting too often! I'm determined to catch up though. Hope you all have a great evening x

11 comments:

  1. This is a fun card, loving the graduation bird. Fun doodling too x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant card....love these little birds....great background....Joolsx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant card....love these little birds....great background....Joolsx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another lovely card and great use of the background paper. Happy crafting, Angela x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Cara, your card is great, love the little Graduation cap on the bird and the sparkly background you created.... hope you have a great recovery day... Megan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card Cara. I love using up bits and this card has worked a treat! Judy x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card Cara. I love using up bits and this card has worked a treat! Judy x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful background you created here, that shimmer is amazing Cara! Love your crazy bird! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. pretty card. Hope you're enjoying your day off. As to showing the crazy birds... for what that set costs (and the additions) use them at every opportunity LOL Creative Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Cara, you do make me laugh about the commenting, but I know what you mean, sometimes though you just have to let some of it go, nobody minds and you don't want to spend your precious day off on the computer.
    Now I just love this card, brilliant design and I love the Crazy Birds. Love the doodled frame, enjoy your day, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sitting on my hands makes it real difficult to type! :0
    I love your pixie dust backgrounds, the metallic glint is lovely. Plus who doesn't love these birds although I think I have only made one card with mine up to now.
    A perfect graduation card.
    I like to work part time too but I have just applied for a full time job! (There goes my craft time!) Would rather not!

    Hugs Erika. x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Please ignore any requests to prove you're not a robot and just press publish. Cara x