Sunday 10 July 2016

Thinking of you



Hope you've all had a good weekend, it goes far too quickly. Hubby spent the day gold panning for Lancashire gold with his mate (they found 3 tiny specks!) so I decided to find the floor in the lounge and locate the printer in the spare room. 5 hours later, and I can confirm that I have an oatmeal rug and I managed to print out the digi stamp I needed.
I even tidied up the kitchen table and so made this card out of bits that I found. The background was the rejected one from yesterday's card made with pixie powders, hopefully you can see the mica shimmer in the second picture. I glued this onto a 5x7 card blank and stamped the sentiment from Crazy Talk underneath. The snail and gnome are from MFT You Gnome me set and had been coloured with copics and die cut with matching dies. The toadstools are I *think* from Clearly Besotted's Woodland kisses set. The die cut clouds (no idea about the die maker) were added and I doodled on them to tie them in with the doodled border.

15 comments:

  1. Lancashire gold? I've never heard of that, where can you go to pan for it? I'd love to have a go when I go up to visit my Mum.
    Really lovely card, another gorgeous and versatile background
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a lovely card. The little Gnome is so sweet. I'm sure your husband must have had a great time but does he not realise that it's not safe leaving a crafter alone, you never know what they might get up to Lol! Happy crafting, Angela x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello there Cara, what a cheery wee card, I love the gnome and the little scene, fabulous card.
    Sounds as if you've been busy discovering things too, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely fun card, Cara. I love how you've doodled on the cloud, very effective. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. You do make me laugh with your posts and this lovely fun card did it for me too. I am not fond of real garden gnomes but I do have one that belonged to my brother.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute card Cara, with a fun background! your doodling is great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great Gnome card Cara, loving the mica background too. Very sparkly.
    Tell hubby you need nice big chunks of gold not little specks of powder!

    Hugs Erika. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes you can see the mica in the background, so pretty. Great how you have used several different stamp sets/dies etc, they work great together. Chuckled about your husband and that you found out that your carpet is oatmeal in colour lol x

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun card Cara! Love your pixie dust background, glad you made use of it. Panning for gold, holy fun!! Hubby and I finally managed to make our way to the beach, what a beautiful sight that was! Happy Monday! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a sweet little gnome, love your pretty shimmery sky too :)
    Feel free to come and tidy my kitchen table now that you have your own under control ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey Cara, as you can tell I am late to the party..if you are still in the mood for tidying please hop on a plane and come here and help out :) It is so hot, I can't be ar@ed. These backgrounds are lovely and I am really loving the doodling, I really need to remember about doodling, when I do it I like it, but I forget these things.. Cx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful card Cara love this background too. Have to give this a go without feeling as though I have to cover every spot.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just went and checked out these pix powders, wow love the colours and shimmer, ohhh my I might have to get some just to check them out. Any you suggest above others???

    ReplyDelete
  14. How cute! I love that little gnome. Creative Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  15. REally cute card... made me chuckle about finding the printer and the time ... x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Please ignore any requests to prove you're not a robot and just press publish. Cara x