Sunday 24 July 2016

Two for the price of one


Happy Sunday! Can you believe I completely forgot to blog on Friday? After a tiring week I was focused on getting my scheduled post for Saturday sorted and Hubby was wanting help with something and so it fell out of my brain. I was tucked up in bed by 8.30 on Friday, although I did stay awake long enough to watch the second episode of Corrie. I totally did not see that plot line coming!
I sat down yesterday to have a play with some new Imagination Craft stamps as they'd had a fab offer recently with the decoupage stamps at just £2 each. I may have bought several...
I used the birdhouse stamp on the above 6x6 card and stamped on Sheena's stamping card in versafine and then coloured it with distress reinkers.
I cut out the image and mounted it with foam tape (well, I've got to use it up somehow) on the card blank. I then drew two frames with a black fine liner pen, crossing them over in places and colouring in the overlaps with a pale aqua spectrum sparkle pen. Then, well, I got a bit carried away and drawing on inspiration from the image added leaves, squiggles and dots, again using a green spectrum sparkle pen for the leaves.
I also coloured the decoupage stamp hanging basket in the same way and doodled the border, only this time rather than the swirls I added some tiny dots of pink stickles as well as adding some to the centre of the flowers.

12 comments:

  1. Lovely Cara I am waiting for my stamps to arrive. Bargains. Great idea your leaves and squiggles. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok so today I am with you on the heat, its just silly here now!! I LOL at your comment about your uniform, it conjured quite an image. I love these stamps and the cards that you have made, superb colouring..I may just be buying some too... Cx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, now that's what I call a doodle! I'd assumed it was part of your beautiful stamp :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like Lynne I thought you'd used a stamp to create the borders! What a lovely idea Love the stamps you've used too

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Cara, glad to know you lasted the week of heat, I also thought that the doodling you did around the edges was stamped, very creative idea for your garden cards... have a great week... Megan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your doodling on the cards - it just finishes them off beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two gorgeous cards Cara and I love how you've framed them both beautifully with that trailing vine. Sandra X

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both these cards look fantastic and I cant believe you drew around them. Those borders look brilliant. Never too much, love them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such pretty and fun cards. Love your doodling, that's something that scares me! Thanks for sharing x I didn't see it coming with coronation street either!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Cara, two beautiful cards, love your pretty colours.
    Now I've missed Corrie as we were away, so I will have to catch up on Friday's episodes, you've got me wondering what the plotline was, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous cards! Love the doodling.
    I didn't see that coming in Corrie on Friday either, Cara. Still think there might be a twist and we're being led up the wrong path for a few weeks. 😉 xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Cara, I don't think you got carried away at all. I love all your squiggles and dots etc....
    Two lovely colourful cards.

    Hugs Erika. x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Please ignore any requests to prove you're not a robot and just press publish. Cara x