Saturday 2 July 2016

Wedding Congratulations



Wedding season is upon us and as I mentioned earlier in the week, I had an idea to use the Tonic Radiant Roselily die set to make a wedding card.
I started off with an 8x8 card blank and cut a mat of iridescent gold dust card (according to the packet) 7 3/4" square and stuck this on with foam tape. I cut a smaller mat of the same card 7 1/2" square and glued this on top.
I die cut 3 of the radiant roselilies using the twirly edger die out of the same card and glued them in place. I die cut the Tonic Congratulations out of the same card and layered it up on two white card die cuts to give it more definition and glued that in the centre of the card. Using the flower dies from the radiant Roselily set I cut them multiple times out of iridescent gold dust paper and shaped them, before layering them up on the die. I finished off with a gem in the centre of each flower.
I'd like to enter this card over at the Brown sugar challenge blog where their theme this week is Weddings. We have 5 members of staff at work getting married in the next year, so I think I'd better make some more wedding cards!

18 comments:

  1. Wow this is a stunner, loving the white and white and all that glorious texture. Beautiful card x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful. The layers and the flowers are exquisite. The gems are a lovely finishing touch. Hugs Mrs A,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my - this is a fabulous card. A perfect design to celebrate a wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Cara anyone who receives this is going to be really pleased. Happy crafty weekend, Angela x

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOWEEEE what a stunning card Cara! LOVE all your layering :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeously stunning Cara,beautiful dies and wonderful design, so elegant, love it, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is SO pretty! Keeping the colour palette all the same really makes an elegant statement.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is one beautiful wedding card Cara. Judy x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is one beautiful wedding card Cara. Judy x

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow this is a gorgeous Card, thanks for sharing it with us in the Brown Sugar Challenge, Karen Dt

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Cara, a super WOW card love your use of dies. Just perfect for a wedding.

    Hugs Erika. x

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is absolutely exquisite Cara :) X

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey Cara, great to see your idea brought to life, I think you were 100% right this die works really well as a wedding card. I love it, I don't do white on white cards because they always look hideous when I make them! Hope you are having a good weekend. Cx

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW, Cara! What a stunning wedding card. Fabulous design. xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, I love this die, I saw the glimpse of the card the other day, and I surely wanted to come for a close up look. It's very beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  16. wow what an impressive card- very striking being all white- stunning

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow Cara this is a stunner. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Stunning Cara, you must have the most amazing die collection. This card is so beautiful done all in white.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Please ignore any requests to prove you're not a robot and just press publish. Cara x