Wednesday 20 July 2016

Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge Blog



I've got some exciting news to share with you. I'm thrilled to have been asked to join the design team over at Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge Blog


One of our sponsors this week is for our theme "Christmas in July" is


 The Stamping Boutique

And they have generously donated a prize of two digi images of the winners choice. They also have their own challenge blog  that you might want to check out.

I've used this beautiful image by them to create my card. I printed off the digi stamp on my laser printer and then very simply coloured it using my Copics in the E colour family to tie it in with the kraft card base. I added papers from a pad by lili of the valley and die cut some snowflakes with various dies to add to the card. The sentiment is by craftwork cards and I felt the silver foiling on craft card was perfect girl this card. A little faux stitching to bring it all together and then I had fun adding flowersoft polar white to the fur trim of her clothes and using my quickie glue pen added glamour dust to the starry sky and snow.
Why not join us over at Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge Blog to see the other great prize from StarStampz, and let's see if mind over matter (making cold, frosty Christmas cards in this heatwave) works!

17 comments:

  1. Congratulations - and what a gorgeous card you've used as your first DT piece
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Cara on being a Design team member. Your card is a beauty. What a sweet little image and I love the papers too. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Many congratulations on your new DT role Cara, that's so exciting for you. Your card is gorgeous and the images just pop off the Kraft card, I love it. Crafty hugs, Sandra X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Congratulations Cara fantastic news. Well done. And the card is just great love the background how you have built it up.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww this is so gorgeous! Congrats on your new DT position!
    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card Cara!!! And welcome to the Penny's Team :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Cara,
    congrats on you DT placement.
    Such a very wonderful card for your first DT creation.
    Love the fab image and design.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Cara, amazing card, absolutely love it, Happy crafting,
    Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a lovely card. I really like kraft so really appreciate the work that has gone into this. You have so many lovely Patterned papers here and your kraft coloured image is beautiful I love the fur look you achieved.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a lovely card. I really like kraft so really appreciate the work that has gone into this. You have so many lovely Patterned papers here and your kraft coloured image is beautiful I love the fur look you achieved.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Another gorgeous card! I should do more with Kraft! This is so inspiring! Judy x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Another gorgeous card! I should do more with Kraft! This is so inspiring! Judy x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Another gorgeous card! I should do more with Kraft! This is so inspiring! Judy x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations on being part of the Design Team. Love your card which, by the way, is perfect for winter in Sydney (although we don't ever get snow).

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cara congratulations on getting on Penny's paper-crafting challenge blog DT. A beautiful Christmas card too, I love a white/kraft colour combo.

    Hugs Erika. x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Off to check out Penny's blog. Love this card. So much cooler than I feel at the moment. We are sweltering in the USA as well. Try to stay cool. Creative Blessings! Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  17. CONGRATULATIONS Cara.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Please ignore any requests to prove you're not a robot and just press publish. Cara x