Tuesday 19 July 2016

I am officially a puddle...


They weren't kidding when they said that it would be the hottest day of the year, were they? By this evening my car was showing 38 degrees! The bunnies have had frozen water bottles in their run and wet towels draped over the step they like to sit under, but they seem to coping just about. Bramble seems worst affected so I wet her ears and back to help cool her down although she wasn't very impressed by it!
A very quick card tonight as I was determined to make one, but have very little energy. All the bits were from the die cut bit boxes apart from the blue background which I trimmed to fit the A6 card blank. I added some foam tape behind the pink circle to add some dimension. I didn't trust myself to stamp a sentiment so I hand wrote one instead. 
I'm planning on being in bed within the next hour, there's nothing on the telly and lying flat sounds very appealing! Hope you've all managed to stay cool today, and as I've been telling all my patients today, make sure you drink plenty of water!

12 comments:

  1. Cute card Cara:)) We had the dogs paddling pool out lol they love it and I've just been out to water the plants and give them a good drink too huggles Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww so cute and fab colouring
    I'm not even going to start on how my day has been in this heat!!!!! :-|
    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Cara, we can have that sort of heat here for weeks on end during summer! glad to hear the bunnies are coping, your card is so very cute love the little bird, my green budgie likes to soak in his water dish summer or winter but he got out rather quickly the other day I think it was a little cold... have a great week... Megan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely bird Cara, the hand written sentiment looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an adorable card Cara! That little birdie is so freaking sweet! HA!! Sometimes 38 degrees would be a sweet relief around here as we spend a good deal of the time up in the 40's!! Thank goodness for air conditioning! Stay cool. hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. A really sweet card Cara and what a cute little bird. I'm glad the bunnies managed to cope with the hot weather. It must be very difficult when they are wearing fur coats. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a cute card and echoing the sentiments of Barb x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi this is so cute and how brave you are to write your sentiment :)

    Glad your bunnies were ok in all that heat yesterday. On the TV they were showing giant ice cubes for all the animals in the Zoo.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very sweet card.38 is hot, hot, hot. We get weather like that too and I just want to melt! lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very sweet card.38 is hot, hot, hot. We get weather like that too and I just want to melt! lol

    ReplyDelete
  11. A sweet little card, love the birdie and the background die cut is fab too.
    The beauty of living in the north of Scotland we only got to about 24 degrees, much more bearable. Hope your bunnies are ok?

    Hugs Erika. x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a cute card, isn't that bird the cutest.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Please ignore any requests to prove you're not a robot and just press publish. Cara x