Saturday 30 July 2016

With love


Well, I'm safely tucked up in my premier inn in Peterborough after a 3 hour drive, not driven that far for ages! Hubby insisted on checking my car tyre pressures, oil and windscreen fluid before he left for work, bless him. I had a moment of panic when I got here, when couldn't find create and craft on the telly in my room, but eventually found it on channel 36. Phew. Should Hubby worry that I'm away from home with crafting telly, free wifi and a credit card?!
Today's card is one of two that I quickly made last night so that I had something to blog over the weekend. I used a Craftwork Card kit that had been untouched since I bought it, I think it's called something like Enchanted Woodlands. The paper pad is 8x8 and I cut out the owl and leaves from the bottom right hand corner. I then trimmed the paper down keeping the printed leaves to fit on a 6x6 kraft card blank, with a white mat under it. There is a bit of the square of paper missing, but it's hidden behind the owl etc, which I stuck on with some of my ample supply of 1mm foam tape to give some dimension. The kraft card sentiment was knocking about in my box of rejected die cuts, and I think it's a tonic die. I added some bling to two of the corners and a gem to add the dot to the i.
I think that took longer to blog than it did to make!
I was hoping to catch up on some of your blogs and comment on them, but the drive has left my shoulder and neck sore, so another early night it is. Hope you're all having a fab weekend, I will visit you soon I promise. I love seeing all the wonderful things you've been creating and catching up on your news.

3 comments:

  1. Great card Cara, your owl image is fab, love your dimension too. Have fun with your visa, you'll not be needing any foam tape for a while ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cara, hope you are feeling better soon. x
    A super card love the soft plaid background and the matching tones on the owl and leaves.

    Take care, not that warm up here. I even had the fire on yesterday, send some summer weather north for me please. x

    Hugs Erika. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A really lovely card Cara. What beautiful papers they are. Hope your neck is better now. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Please ignore any requests to prove you're not a robot and just press publish. Cara x