Tuesday 27 September 2016

A very quick make...



Phew, Wednesday tomorrow, I'm desperate for the break from work, but panicking about how much I need to do by the end of the month! Not helped by a trip to the hairdressers tomorrow, one of my least favourite things to do with a gammy neck. I have to say they're very good though, allowing me to bend my head over the sink rather than use the backwash normally. At least the grey will be eradicated for my parent's golden wedding celebrations this weekend.
I rustled up a quick shaker card so I had something to share today. I used the Crafters Companion Winter Wonderland card creator die (approx 5" square) on a 6" square of silver mirri and mounted it on a 7" square card blank. As I was crafting at speed I used a pre cut Hunkydory mirri mat rather than trim down everything to fit on a 6" card base. I used foam tape and acetate for the shaker element along with a few snowflake and smaller round iridescent white sequins. Think this might be the way to go for this years Christmas cards. Just to show you the die on a smaller 6" card, here's the non-shaker one I made when I first got the dies. Hope you all have a lovely evening x

6 comments:

  1. What a beautiful die this is Cara, and you've created a gorgeous card, lovely the shaker style, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A really lovely die, and perfect for making a quick card. Turning into a shaker card is inspired, it looks stunning and really special
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Cara,
    such a very beautiful cards from that wonderful die.
    I am hard pressed to say which I like the best as they are both really lovely, and stunning.
    Lots of crafty love. jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful die and perfect for quick cards. Yours look lovely. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great CAS cards Cara. Hope you enjoyed the hairdressers, great minds think alike was getting my greys recovered this week too.

    Hugs Erika. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great card Cara, just love how you have made this. x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Please ignore any requests to prove you're not a robot and just press publish. Cara x