Saturday 24 September 2016

Has anyone seen my marbles?


It's official, my marbles are missing. I was getting a bit worried last night as it was 9pm and I still hadn't heard from Hubby and his flight should have landed at tea time. I eventually found the print off of his flight details and realised that he arrives back today... I think what threw me, was that he said he was coming back on the Friday and I didn't twig that that meant he was flying overnight. Whoops. Could have had an early night after all, oh well, and then I woke up at 7.30 and couldn't get back to sleep. So much for my lie in! Hasn't it turned autumnal all of a sudden? Much cooler and darker.
Enough waffle and onto the card. It was one of my colleagues 30th Birthday this week and of course I volunteered to make the card. I used Tattered Lace Wedding Table number dies from the Floral Folk collection in cream card and added nuvo drops around the edges. To give you an idea of their size, it's an 8x8 card. I embossed some centura pearl with a spellbinders m-bossabilities folder for the background and mounted it on some kraft card. I had some tape with 2 rows of pearls on it (can't think how else to describe it), so I snipped that down the middle to get single rows and added them round the edge. I die cut Sue Wilson's petite vinery in kraft card and tucked then behind the daisies and 2 sizes of blossom from Wild Orchid Crafts. Bit annoyed that the 30 isn't quite central but I'm sure no one will care except me! Right, off in search of my marbles. Have a great day x

4 comments:

  1. I was going to ask you how you enjoyed your lie in but you got up just as I was on the road to work, started later today.
    A beautiful card love how you've embossed the background and the 30 surrounded by flowers is great.
    Enjoy your weekend, time for an afternoon nap now!

    Hugs Erika. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what a pity about your lie in Cara, hopefully tomorrow.
    Stunning card, the design is so pretty with all those blooms and pearls, love it, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Cara,
    What a very super and stunning card.
    Your deisgn is ace and those flowers are gorgeous.
    I think loosing your marbles constitutes as getting older. LOL.
    Have a wonderful weekend.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card, cant believe the size, what a whopper. Hope she appreciates it. The flowers looks so pretty. I agree with Jenny, its not loosing your marbles its just called getting older and the brain is so crowded it doesn't have room for anything else.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Please ignore any requests to prove you're not a robot and just press publish. Cara x