Wednesday 14 September 2016

Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge Blog


It's Wednesday and so it's time for a new challenge over at Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge.
Our theme is as usual Anything Goes and we have great prizes on offer from Melonheadz and Di's Digi Stamps.
Unfortunately, real life got in the way of the DT getting the images to work with and so I've rustled up a card using Altenew Peonies stamp for you.
I mat and layered up the image on some deep purple cardstock from which I'd cut the sentiment die. In order to stop the card sagging over where I'd taken the die cut from I used 1mm foam tape (it is going down on the roll..). You'd never guess where I had a smudge or two on the paper by looking at where the butterflies are, would you *wink*. I die cut quite a few of the All Occasions butterflies and keep them in a little bag, so handy for saving a card with. Couldn't resist a bit of faux stitching to finish.
I hope to see your entry this week, so much talent out there.
Back to work tomorrow after a few days off, sigh. It's been lovely having some time and space to myself (don't tell Hubby I said that), the competition panning starts today so I'll be checking the website later to see how he's done.
Still, Bake Off tonight, can't believe it's moving to Channel 4 and that Mel and Sue aren't going with it. Not heard what the judges are doing yet. No doubt they'll keep it as an hour show and so we'll lose some of the action to the adverts. Ho hum, going to enjoy it whilst I can! Hope you're all sharing our beautiful Lancashire sunshine today x

11 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Cara and I love the colours that you've used. :) X

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a stunner. I'm still resisting buying any of these stamps but my resistance is lowering by the minute. Your card fits my latest butterfly challenge if you care to join in. Would love to see you there. Hugs Nrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Cara, and so love those Altenew stamps. Must have a look at the challenge. YOU are so right about Bake off... what is the world coming too? Hugs xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A really beautiful card Cara. Those stamps are really lovely and I love the colours. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Cara,
    what a very beautiful card, and a wonderfullly stamped flower.
    The colours are so lovely.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a pretty card Cara, lovely colours and design, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card, love this stamp set and how you've used them here Cara. I don't think Bake Off will be the same again as it won't be right without Mel and Sue and their silly comments. I've heard that Paul Hollywood will not go and I doubt if Mary will - time will tell though but I am saddened by the news, but I'm a great big girly lol Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Cara, thank you for all your lovely comments whilst I was off :) Mexico was fun fun fun, I have a superb tan and I am sadly back at my desk working LOL. Love this card, you really know how to use those Altenew stamps - the colours on this one are superb. I love to cover an oops with an embellishment and what better way to do that than to use gold butterflies. Bake Off seems to be massive, personally I don't get it. You can or can't bake? Don't get it. But I can bake LOL. Cx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Cara GBBO news is so bad, very bad indeed. It will not be the same without Mel and Sue, they have me in stitches. A bad move by the BBC.

    As for you card it is another stunner. I do love those stamped roses and the wee butterflies are beautiful too.

    Have a super weekend, hugs Erika. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Soooo pretty, the butterflies look perfect too, you'd never guess that they're covering an oops!
    Gutted that the GBBO is moving from the Beeb, won't be the same without Mel & Sue :(

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those flowers look so beautiful, you wouldn't think you hadn't sat here for ages deciding and then trying to stamp. They looks wonderful as do the smudge covers lol.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Please ignore any requests to prove you're not a robot and just press publish. Cara x