Saturday 17 September 2016

Sweet Stampin - Anything but a card


A beautiful Saturday morning and time for another great challenge over at Sweet stampin. Our theme this week is anything but a card and we have a fab prize on offer from our sponsor Live & Love Crafts.
I decided to make a wreath using paper flowers. I stamped Heartfelt Creations Vintage Floret in various sizes on vellum and heat embossed them using white embossing powder on some and lilac powder on others. I then fussy cut them and shaped and layered them up adding a dazzler from eBay in the centre of each.
To make the wreath I die cut several pieces of scrap card with my circle dies and layered them up to give some rigidity. I covered the top with centura pearl incase any showed through. I die cut lots of Sue Wilson's Faux Quilled Leaves out of centura pearl and then assembled the wreath. I made a mistake in using glue gel to arrange everything, whilst it gave me more wriggle room than a glue gun would have done, it meant that everything took ages to set and so trying to angle it to get a good photo was impossible as things slid off it! Note to self, don't make things at the last minute in future!
Hope you all have a great day, please visit Sweet Stampin to see the amazing creations my tea miles made and join in the fun. Just remember that we need to see some stamping on your creation for you to be in with a chance of winning.

9 comments:

  1. OMG Cara this is stunning work, beautifully designed wreath, love it Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh WOW Cara, this is fabulous! LOVE your pretty embossed flowers :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a gorgeous wreath.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a stunning creation! I love this gorgeous wreath. The design is fabulous!! Beautifully done. Love it! Hugs, Wends xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning wreath....love the flowers and pretty colours...Joolsx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning wreath....love the flowers and pretty colours...Joolsx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a clever creation, I am rubbish at these hybrid crafts! I need some tutorials from you. The flowers are so gorgeous I can't believe you made them, so beautiful. Cx

    ReplyDelete
  8. You've been busy Cara, playing catch up.
    A beautiful wreath. The flowers are stunning and I love that little leaf die.

    Hugs Erika. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This wreath is just AMAZING! Thanks for the inspiration!
    The liliac powder looks great on the vellum flowers!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Please ignore any requests to prove you're not a robot and just press publish. Cara x