Sunday 25 September 2016

Marbles still AWOL. Hubby home.


Well, I take it all back, Hubby came second in the three man team event. There is a medal apparently, but as his bags are still in the boot of my car, it's not appeared yet.
I'm running out of cards to post! It's my parent's golden wedding anniversary on Saturday so I've been working on a special card for that, which seems to be taking forever, probably because I keep changing my mind. 
Today's card is one I made for a colleague who is leaving, she's not left yet, but I'm sure she doesn't look at my blog. I went shabby chic for this one, I used the stamp by lili of the valley and papers by them, not sure which, as as usual the front cover is missing. I distressed all the edges with a pair of scissors and scribbled a border around different elements. The flower is made using tonic flower dies and Sue Wilson's faux quilled leaves again. I added a couple of butterflies and have managed to lose the die for the largest one (rummaged through the bin with a magnet and everything, no sign of my marbles in there either). A sparkly dazzler and a few pearls to finish.
Right, off to see if Hubby is getting out of bed today, then we can watch Strictly together. Have a great Sunday x

6 comments:

  1. What a pretty floral card Cara and I love the distressed look on the sentiment! I'm glad your Hubby is home safely and that he did so well with the competition! Your marbles seem all present and correct again! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty floral card Cara and I love the distressed look on the sentiment! I'm glad your Hubby is home safely and that he did so well with the competition! Your marbles seem all present and correct again! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Cara, well done for your hubby with his win, and your marbles can't be too far gone you've made a beautiful card, lovely colours and design, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Cara, love the soft colours and design. You've lost a die and I've lost so far this week a full paper pad and now the magnet for my Misti. Wish the Borrowers would go elsewhere and stay out of our craft areas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lovely card Cara. Beautiful colours and very pretty embellishments. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Cara, well done to hubby for his placing. I hope he enjoyed the competition again. Does he get to keep what he finds?

    A beautiful card, love the colour combo and the sentiment is great too.

    What did you think of Strictly? I think there are lots of strong dancers this time, it's going to be enjoyable but a close run battle.

    Hugs Erika. x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Please ignore any requests to prove you're not a robot and just press publish. Cara x