Sunday 18 September 2016

Butterfly Challenge


Sunday evening, where has the weekend gone? The weather has been beautiful all weekend here.
I drove to a village near Harrogate yesterday for another talk by Frances Harcourt Brown, the leading vet when it comes to bunnies. She gave a lecture for owners about chronic health conditions in bunnies, which was fascinating as she doesn't "dumb it down" for us, even if that did mean there was a lot of pus featured on the slides! Absolutely fascinating and I learnt loads. I also got to catch up with some of the bunny owners I met last time, some I'd met at the forage day and met some more people off the bunny forum. It was a long day though, an hour and three quarters drive each way, I left home at 11.15 and got home at 8.45. My neck wasn't very impressed, I got up to nip to the loo towards the end and ended up sitting on the floor at the back of the hall when I went back in as it was more comfy that way. Lots of cake was involved though, so that helped the pain.
I was determined to join in with the Butterfly Challenge - L is for lavender and/or letters this time. I've not
managed to join in many challenges recently, and purple is my favourite colour so I had to have a play. Apologies for the photo, it's actually more of a lilacy lavender colour than the red shade of purple it appears, I blame low energy bulbs! 
I used another die set from the pick of the week bundle, Rosy Posy and inlaid it with centura pearl and also used centura pearl to put a mat behind it. I'm not that keen on the sentiment that came with the set and so I used Crafters Companion dies instead. To incorporate the required butterfly element I used memory box Dancing Butterflies, the strip die cuts the tiny little set of 5 butterflies, so cute. A few gems as ever to finish.

9 comments:

  1. Beautifully designed card Cara, lovely colours. Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh these tiny butterflies are so adorable! beautiful card with lovely colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Morning Cara....Beautiful card....love the colours and die....sweet little butterflies..
    Glad you had a lovely time taking about bunnies and eating lots of cake....Joolsx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey there Cara, sounds like an extremely educational weekend, as opposed to my one where I made like a sloth! I really like your card today, the colours are very me and I LOVE the touches of bling. Cx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Cara,
    oh what a gorgeous card, and such a very lovely die used.
    Great colour choices also.
    Sounds like an interesting weekend.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sounds like a busy day. Your card is very pretty Cara and what lovely dies. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I find cake makes so many things better. ;)
    Your talk sounds interesting, until you mentioned the pus, bleurgh!
    A stunning card, beautiful die and the wee butterflies just finish the whole image perfectly.

    Hugs Erika. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card is an absolute delight to look at. I have been away for a few days so am catching up before I run the numbers on this challenge. I love the die cut centre. It is very similar to one I have called Rosy Frame which has a sentiment with it for the centre which I'm not keen on either. I wonder if they are from the same set. I like how you have re laid the cut out parts back inside. Thankyou for fluttering by my challenge where your card will be entered twice. hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Please ignore any requests to prove you're not a robot and just press publish. Cara x