Tuesday 20 September 2016

With Sympathy


Whoopie! A lie in tomorrow and I'm sooooooo looking forward to it. Why is it that I drag myself out of bed when the alarm goes off at 6.35 (those extra 5 minutes are very important) and yet on Sunday I was wide awake at 6.30?
I seem to be favouring the very simple card making with dies at the moment (nothing to do with them being quick and easy, honest) and one of the forums alerted me to the fact there are a lot of very cheap dies being listed on eBay by middle eastern sellers. The prices have started to increase as the word is spreading, but there are still a lot of bargains out there. If you look in the Cardmaking and scrapbooking category and then look in the die cutters sub category, you'll find them. So far I've received 6 of the ones I've ordered and only one hasn't cut properly (there's a section on the edge about 1cm long that doesn't quite cut but can easily be snipped with a pair of sharp scissors).
I made today's 5x7 card using one of these cheap dies. It cut perfectly and has a seperate cutting edge so you can leave the design in the cardstock if you wish. It cost me £3.49 with free delivery! 
I simply added a mat of black card behind it before adhering it to the card with foam tape and stamping the sentiment. Simples! Hope you all have a great evening x

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Cara, it certainly is a lovely die and what a bargain too,Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous die, I'm off to have a look through ebay, that was a fantastic bargain! And being so elegant and peaceful, especially the way you've used it, absolutely perfect for a sympathy card.
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Cara....love the die and what a good buy....Joolsx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry missed some of your blogs over the last few days been away seeing Mum. What a long journey there and back. Was great to see her.

    Very stylish card Cara.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a gorgeous die, Cara, and the colours suit the style of the card really well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful card Cara and what a bargain die. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am sitting on my hands as we speak so not to go spending Cara.
    I love this die and the colour combo is just perfect. A great CAS card.

    I won't have a lie in till Sunday morning, but I can guarantee as I've been up at 6 all week that I won't sleep past 7. Boo, hiss!

    Hugs Erika. x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Please ignore any requests to prove you're not a robot and just press publish. Cara x