Thursday 15 September 2016

Pick of the week




So, I mentioned I'd fallen off the stash diet wagon by buying the tattered lace pick of the week. The dies arrived last week and so I had a play at recreating the sample that convinced me to buy them.
I used the Sweet Briar set and die cut the frame out of the card front (6"square) and then die cut it out of gold mirri. The set has a "shadow frame" so I used this to cut the acetate. To cover the "workings" I cut the shadow shape again out of white card and then die cut the frame die out if that to give the aperture. I then stuck the shadow with aperture and the frame back on the inside to hide all the glue.
Hopefully that made sense.
Just noticed that I missed the dot off the i in birthday! Hope you all had a slightly cooler day today x

11 comments:

  1. Not surprised hun - your card is stunning! Even I would go a bit weak knee'd if I saw these in a craft shop they really are beautiful and I bet you'll get a fair bit of use out of them so worth it in the end Karen xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic - I did wonder about these Dies and see just how beautiful they are. Lovely xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Evening Cara, I've not seen these dies but they are a beautiful set. I'm not surprised you had to buy them. I absolutely understood what you did. You'll have lots of fun with them I'm sure. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous die.. and beautiful card...can see why you fell off the wagon!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow that's stunning!!
    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Totally stunning Cara, beautifully designed card, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning Cara. It's so difficult to resist new stash isn't it? I have so much yet to use I do try but every now and then I just can't resist anymore.

    A beautiful die and well worth jumping off the wagon for.

    Hugs Erika. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous die and a really fabulous card, love all the gold.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooh that die is gorgeous! Great idea to stick it on the back too :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ohhh my goodness this is such a beautiful die and it is attached so perfectly. Beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stash diet wagon = Genius Phrase. I am currently using my forthcoming birthday as an excuse for not Stash Dieting.. I think this was totally worth falling off the wagon for. Love the acetate window. I like window cards. Cx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Please ignore any requests to prove you're not a robot and just press publish. Cara x