Tuesday 3 May 2016

Define normal


The code word over at Addicted to clean and simple this week is Plaid I never knew had some much plaid/tartan paper lurking in my stash. I eventually settled on this one from DCWV Spring mat stack which I must have had for at least 10 years now. With a 5x5 card blank as a starting point, I cut a piece of orangey card from Lidl with a spellbinders border to frame it. The dog is from Katzelkraft, coloured with copics, fussy cut and with glossy accents on his eyes and black enamel accents on his nose. I added him to the card with some 1mm deep foam rape. I die cut the thought bubbles from a set by Docrafts and added a bit of faux stitching to define them. I decided that the sentiment from Tim Holtz's Crazy Talk would suit him and masked it when stamping so that it was on two lines. Once again the dodgy photographer is back, it is straight at the bottom and there isn't a paler stripe down the plaid in real life. I'll blame the weather for bad lighting conditions affecting it!

21 comments:

  1. Hi Cara,
    what a very brilliant little card.
    Such a cute dog image, and very lovely plaid paper too.
    Love what you have done to the eyes, and the nose.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cara, fabulous fun card, love the pooch and your design is brilliant, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMGosh! I LOVE this card, just adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha ha - love this, if you can find a definition of 'normal' please share :) I love the little dog from the French stamp company..I need to buy these methinks..ooh you enabler you! Cx

    ReplyDelete
  5. That face!!! brilliant Cara. The plaid paper works really well with it too. Happy crafty week, Angela x

    ReplyDelete
  6. A super fun card Cara. The paper looks very pretty and I love your little dog. What a great idea to use the speech bubble. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Clever stamping of text. A lovely fun card.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha! I love everything about this, Cara!! I only wish I had used "define normal" as the name of my blog when I first started! Love it, love the doggie, and love the borders on your cool plaid!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adorable card Cara. You can never go wrong with a doggie image! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I did giggle when I read the sentiment. Love the card, the plaid is great, who doesn't love a nice plaid?
    The face on the dog is priceless with that sentiment, a perfect match.

    Hugs Erika. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aww and here he is what a cutie! Fab colouring and live the design!
    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fun card! Love it, Cara! xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. aw what a really brilliant card, Cara, do love the combinations .. yes I love tartan cardstock too, great choice with dachshund, too.
    Thanks so much for the inspiration.
    Shaz in Oz.x

    {Shaz in Oz – Calligraphy Cards}

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cute! Love that dog's expression! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Brilliant card Cara....I just love the look on the dogs face....great papers...Joolsx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Brilliant card Cara....I just love the look on the dogs face....great papers...Joolsx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh this is too darn cute! Great plaid background paper too :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great card, love this dog stamp and the sentiment works perfectly with the dog.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such an adorable card love that doggie. Thanks for joining us at ATCAS.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great card...the plaid works so well with the color of the doggie!
    Thanks for joining us at ATCAS.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love him, have a soft spot for dachshunds and he is gorgeous. Funnily enough I already have the Katzelcraft cat stamps on my wish list and I think the doggies are now going onto it too - so cute! Karen x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Please ignore any requests to prove you're not a robot and just press publish. Cara x