Saturday 21 May 2016

Happy Birthday


A card from the files to show you today. I made this for a colleague's birthday last year, but don't think I've shown it to you yet (but I'm prepared to be corrected!). I used the Katy Sue Fabulous Shoes cd-rom to print off the image and then decoupaged it up. I mat and layered it up using dies from a Spellbinders grand decorative oval set with blue and gold card. Shock horror, I even used a peel off for the sentiment! Finished off with a pearl in each corner.
I have managed to do a little crafting this evening and a bit of tidying up. I'd used a midnight blue cosmic shimmer mica spray and I always flush out the spray bit with clean water to stop it clogging. Guess who forgot to check which way the nozzle was facing? My shopping bags have a lovely added blue pattern now as does my pale blue cardigan.
Sneak peak of the work in progress...

11 comments:

  1. Oh Cara! I did laugh about the nozzle....but I hope you manage to clean your cardie and shopping bags! That's a super shoe card and I must come back to see how your work in progress turns out. Hope you are managing to settle your hubbies things into your house now.
    Sharon xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cara, what a wonderful shoe, totally unwearable though i my day I would have attempted to do so. Gorgeous card.
    Now this looks an interesting canvas, looking forward to seeing the finished work.
    Hope you got the paint out of your cardie, easy thing to do, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous shoe - lovely card. I had a little chuckle when I read about your mishap with the nozzle! Looking forward to seeing your finished canvas. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the shoe card, gorgeous. Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely cad with that gold doily, and I am swooning over the canvas already, looking forward how you finish it up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Cara, a gorgeous card and an interesting start on the canvas can't wait to see it finished! Just as well you didn't spray it on your face, some colours take ages to come completely off your skin, I regularly had stained hands from food based dyes/paint at work... your comment did come through on the pastel coloured card, so not sure what blogger was up to... have a great week... Megan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous! And those cakes look yummy beneath! Hope your weekend is going well. Judy x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous! And those cakes look yummy beneath! Hope your weekend is going well. Judy x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Greetings Cara, wow love the gold die cut and lovely shoe design, can't wait to see your canvas design.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete
  10. oooh love the card. But the work in progress is lovely, can't wait to see where you go with it next. I have just started playing in my shiny new art journal and I am loving it..not the inky/painty mess I get into, but I like the random ideas that form. Cx

    ReplyDelete
  11. ohh my goodness had to laugh at the visualisation cause its the sort of thing I do. Ahh well at least its a pretty colour.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Please ignore any requests to prove you're not a robot and just press publish. Cara x