Thursday 12 May 2016

Happy Birthday


Is it only Thursday? I'm absolutely shattered and it's not even Friday yet. I don't know if it's the warm weather, my meds or a combination of the two, but I could sleep for England right now.
Today's card is one from the files that I haven't shared before. It was my colleague's birthday (bet you can't guess how old she was!) and so I made a card for us all to sign. I used an scalloped 8x8 card base and printed the backing paper and decoupage off a crafters companion BeBunni cd-rom. I die cut Sue Wilson's striplet, a Marianne balloon and numbers and sentiment from All Occasion dies out of pink card. I added a mat of gold Miri card and die cut a spellbinders grand stately circles die out of the gold and added a circle of white to build the sentiment on. A few flowers from my stash, a few pearls and a bit of faux stitching to finish. Apologies once again for the bad pictures, hopefully you can see the layers of decoupage in the last pic. Right off to try and use some cocktail sticks to hold my eye open...

13 comments:

  1. Wow Cara, this is just so adorable, love all the details and design.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cara, the warm weather can of course make you tired, but maybe your meds are contributing to how you feel too, hope you perk up soon.
    Your card is beautiful, gorgeous colours and layout, I'm sure it will be loved, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness how cute and beautiful is this card. I must check out my cd. It's a shame our printer is useless not good for printing. :(

    I am sure she was pleased with the card.

    Have a rest now. Crafty hugs Pen x

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely card for your work mate Cara. She'll love it. What a cute rabbit that looks great decoupaged and sitting on all his presents.

    I hope you're soon feeling less tired. You have the weekend to look forward to now. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautifully layered. You can really see the dimension from the side. Love the colours and would it be her big four O !! Lol. hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card Cara, Bebunni is so cute isnt he. I know exactly how you feel with the tiredness, all I seem to do at the moment is sleep :(
    Hugs, Kaz x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sure that the recipient was delighted with your card. Lots of lovely detail.
    Lilian

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aww this is so gorgeous! Love the design and cute decopatched image! Really pretty flowers and fab heart balloon!
    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooooh so cute Cara what a great piece of detailed work, well done!
    Thanks so much for the inspiration.
    Shaz in Oz.x

    {Shaz in Oz – Calligraphy Cards}

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've been like that this week too Cara, thought it was just me. Glad to hear it isn't. Could sleep on a washing line just now.
    A lovely 40th card, I'm sure your colleague will love it. Your wee bunny is very cute indeed.

    Hugs Erika. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Cara, a gorgeous card love all the layers! I'll challenge you to an International test... right now I could sleep for Australia! Have a great weekend... Megan

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful Cara! I just love a bunny image and this one is extra precious! Wonderful layout and all the pinks just sucked me right in! hugs and happy weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fab bunny image, I'm very impressed with the amount of layers! Bet your friend loved it :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Please ignore any requests to prove you're not a robot and just press publish. Cara x