Friday 13 May 2016

Less is more - pastels


I managed to stay awake long enough last night to come up with an entry for this weeks's Less is more challenge to use pastels. I'd already scrapped a couple of attempts earlier in the week, but wasn't about to let this one beat me! I opted to use my copics as although I don't have the best range of pastel shades they are quick and easy to use. I stamped out the lili of the valley rabbit trio set (or whatever its proper name is and coloured them in. I then cut then out, my favourite scissors were playing hide and seek and winning, so I had to use my spares. Wow, could I tell the difference, much harder to get a decent shape with them. 
I then started to compose the card and failed miserably, two card blanks went in the bin and I tried another 3 different sizes of card but couldn't get on with them. Then I had an idea. I cut a 5x7 card blank in half to give two 3.5x5 tent fold cards. I added one of the trio of bunnies to each one and die cut lawn fawn scripty hugs out of pastel pink and purple card and offset them to give a drop shadow.

12 comments:

  1. Two lovely cute pastel cards !

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got there in the end with two really cracking little bunny cards. They're so pretty Cara and lovely pastel colours. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute - those bunnies are adorable! I love the idea, and the fabulously bold sentiments. Great LIM entry!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect and co cute Cara. Happy crafting, Angela x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Cara, lovely sweet cards and well done on cutting out circles I always struggle with that. Super soft pastel shades, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cara, these two cards are just the sweetest! Love the little bunny peeking out of that circle with the bunch of flowers :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Crisp, CAS, Cute, and coloured to perfection. Thanks for sharing and playing along at LIM. Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  8. What lovely colouring on this cute set of cards!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aww I love these Cara! Sooo cute and perfect way to send someone a hug! <3
    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awww these are so cute Cara!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So glad you persevered, you've made two super cute cards. I just love Lili of the Valley bunnies!
    Thanks for sharing with us.
    Anita x
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Please ignore any requests to prove you're not a robot and just press publish. Cara x