Monday 9 May 2016

Melting hugs


Phew, it's been so hot today! My car was recording a temperature of 29 degrees when I came home from work this afternoon and it's only the start of May. No doubt we'll have blizzards come July.
Hubby and I went for a walk yesterday evening, we're lucky enough to live 5 minutes drive away from a small country park. We were laughing as the fisherman at the lake were being slightly disturbed by the bloke who got out his bagpipes and started playing! We picked some tea for the bunnies whilst we were there, dandelions, sticky vetch or cleavers and jack in the hedge which went down well. I've been putting ice pods and bottles of frozen water in the run to stop the buns from overheating, but they seem to prefer sitting as far way as possible from them!
Down to business. I assembled a quick card this evening. I had the birds and branches from the clearly besotted some birdie loves you set in my pile of left overs. I die cut a frame using Simon says stamps stitched circles from a scrap of card in the bit box and die cut lawn fawns scripty hugs from a scrap of blue card. Plonked them on a 5x5 card blank and added a bit of faux stitching round the edge and job done just as I started to melt! The morphine drippy head does not like this heat. Think I might buy some 1970's tennis player style towelling headbands.
Right off to the Playground with my snippets. Hope they've got air con in the tree house and ice in the hooch. Oh and she preferred the first birthday card, the shaped one!

11 comments:

  1. Hi Cara
    Beautiful birdies & beautiful CAS card.
    Hope the bunnies have cooled down & enjoyed their exotic salad.
    Best wishes
    Ang

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cara, what an adorable card. The little birds are so sweet. I think we're in for rain tomorrow! Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Cara, your card is lovely, the little birds are so sweet. Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so sweet. Love those cute little birds. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh Cara, how freaking sweet is this! Love your little birdies, and the wonderful bright and cheery colours are amazing!! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Cara - this is just fabulous! I love the clean fresh look and the design is perfect - those birdies are just so cute!

    I checked back over your previous posts and loved both cards you made, the shaped one did have the very slightest edge though :)

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cara I LOVE this card. The birds are so cute. It's right up my street just now CAS.
    My son likes to get his bagpipes out and go and play them in the garden too. OMG they're so loud! Luckily our neighbours don't seem to mind.
    It's even been hot up here today, most unusual!

    Hugs Erika. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Cara...What a lovely CAS card...cute birdies....Joolsx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Cara...What a lovely CAS card...cute birdies....Joolsx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful card, looks so pretty. love those birds and your layout.

    The morphine drippy thingy is that sweats that come on as your crafting. I was just thinking I have the same but mine is from the eternal change of life. I have a necktie here that I leave soaking in some water in the fridge and it swells up the bead things in it so it stays cool around your neck and helps with the hot flushes. If this would help you at all let me know and I will send you one.

    ReplyDelete
  11. They are so cute! Your colouring is fabulous and the layout wonderful.

    I know exactly what you mean! This heat seems to make my meds work stronger, and I thought it might just be me. I get more tired and much more uncomfortable when the heat is like this. I could do with those towelling head bands too, especially overnight - I prefer autumn to summer because it's still warm and light but not overbearingly hot with that bright sun which brings on and exacerbates headaches and migraines. I am no longer a summer lover, used to love it pre fibro and RA! That makes me sad too Karen x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Please ignore any requests to prove you're not a robot and just press publish. Cara x