Sunday 22 May 2016

Take flight



This card almost took flight out of the window in frustration! The Butterfly challenge this week is apricot and/or aperture. I decided to play with my fuse tool and make a shaker card, but the static was being a nightmare. The original plan was to have butterfly sequins inside the butterfly, but they refused to play ball even with an anti static bag and tumble drier sheet. I die cut the aperture using a Sara Davies collection butterfly die out of a 6x6 card blank and made a shaker with some white iridescent sequins and then covered the workings inside with a square of apricot card. I stamped the sentiment (which is straighter in reality, um honest) added a few pearls and a little faux stitching to finish.

9 comments:

  1. Lovely card, Cara. Very clever way to make a shaker card. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your butterfly shaker card is lovely and although you had problems with static, it looks fabulous!
    Thanks for your comments each day as you have followed my travels in Tasmania. My husband and I had a lovely holiday and hope to go back again some time to explore the west coast further. Helen :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Cara, a beautiful card, quite the patient lady doing so much faux stitching! I've been sorting through my stash a bit today and decided to relocate some tiny star sequins (are they sequins when they don't have holes?) they static stuck everywhere... have a great week... Megan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning Cara, wow what a great shaker card. It was certainly worth the trouble. It looks really impressive. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love shaker cards and this one is just lovely!! The apricot is a great colour and works so well with the sequins. Love the pearl trail!! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Cara this is so sweet and the faux stitching is perfection. Have a great week, Angela xXx with hugs X

    ReplyDelete
  7. Perfect Cara. I love the butterfly in flight. I do believe I have that sentiment stamp too. The apricot is a lovely shade and shows those sequins up for sure. Glad you persevered. Thank you for fluttering by my challenge where your card will be entered twice. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Cara, your card is very pretty, a such a fabulous butterfly, wonderful warm colour, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fabulous take on the aperture theme, it's a super design. Thanks for fluttering by Mrs A's butterfly challenge - Andrea GDT xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Please ignore any requests to prove you're not a robot and just press publish. Cara x