Monday 2 May 2016

Make a wish


Bank holiday Monday and we even had sun this afternoon! I persuaded Hubby to take the day off (he's self employed) and we went out to a garden centre for lunch, called in at another garden centre on the way back for a coffee and Hubby bought me a lovely lightweight purple fleece jacket with a high collar to keep my neck warm, and then called in at a plant nursery on the way back from there and bought some tomato plants for Hubby's workshop. I even managed to get a little crafting in this afternoon too.
The theme at Less is more this week is to use designer paper in a CAS way I'm sure that along with many others, I thought that paper piecing was the way to go.
Starting with a 4x4 card blank I stamped the image and sentiment from Uniko's Cosmos. I used Tonic pin dot circle embossing die to add the circle. I then stamped the image onto a sheet from a Lucy Cromwell papermania paper pad and fussy cut it ou and glued it onto the card. A bit of stickles on the flower centres to finish. Given that it's such a simple card it took me 4 attempts to get it right, why do black spots and smudges appear out of nowhere?!

19 comments:

  1. Your card is lovely Cara! I know exactly what you mean about smudges appearing out of nowhere. Sounds like a great day out with your hubby :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, love the layout.
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cara, your card is just so pretty! You should enter this in the Creative With Stamps~CAS Challenge this month ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty and delicate card - I love it! The paper piecing looks great, and the Tonic die is a perfect finishing touch. Lovely card :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE this card Cara! I just added my link to Less is More, I made my card on Sunday but we obviously were doing a bit of telepathy!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful Cara. Love the soft pink with the black accents, what a gorgeous contrast! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a pretty card....love the image and the CAS look....Joolsx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a pretty card....love the image and the CAS look....Joolsx

    ReplyDelete
  9. A lovely pretty girlie card Cara, the paper works so well with the floral stamp and I love how you've framed it.

    Hugs Erika. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Cara, a very pretty card, lovely floral image, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well, it was worth persevering, this is beautiful. Your paper piecing looks perfect on this image and i love the embossed detail behind.
    Thanks for sharing with us.
    Anita x
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very pretty! Thanks for sharing at Less is More!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You're right - great way to use the patterned paper. Like the subtle print you picked. I definitely find the simpler (CASer?) the card, the harder it is to get done.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Absolutely LOVE this CAS card Cara. The flower and the sentiment are both lush! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh this is so pretty, Cara. Love this sweet flower image

    ReplyDelete
  16. This looks fabulous Cara... a beautiful simple and stunning design!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  17. I cant believe how long it is since I commented. Working my way backwards, this is beautiful. Love the flower you have used. Stunning card.

    ReplyDelete
  18. As well as dabbling in mixed media projects and shabby chic cards &/or projects I also adore creating CAS cards when the muse strikes. I love this card Cara! It is so delicate and pretty and the stamped/embossed circle is just divine huni. If you find out where the black smudges and fingerprints appear from please let me know - because my smudges and fingerprints always appear when I am attempting CAS and not the other genres where I consider them an embellishing opportunity lol! Karen x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Please ignore any requests to prove you're not a robot and just press publish. Cara x