Thursday 5 May 2016

Wishing you a beautiful day


And the dodgy photographer strikes again! It is a rectangular card and not a parallelogram honestly.
Not sure how I feel about this one, but I enjoyed playing which is the main thing. I started off with a bit of white card that had been used to mop up my spritzed craft mat when I was playing with a purple chalk spray and golden radiant rain spritzer, so it does a a golden shimmer to it, which the dodgy photographer has failed to capture. I die cut the card to sized using Simon says stamp, stitched rectangles. I then had my first play with my Altenew Birch Land set. I stamped the trunk in black versafine and masked it off to add the branches. The branches can be flexed on the acrylic block so you don't end up with them all looking the same. I added the birds to the branches and then used bundled sage distress ink to add the foliage and also a bit of forest moss distress marker on the stamp to add a bit more depth. I coloured in the tree with frayed burlap distress marker and coloured in the birds and stamped the sentiment from the set. I cut a mat of black card and mounted it on a sheet of A5 cream hammer card folded in half with 1mm foam tape. Hopefully you actually managed to read this as I'm trying to figure out how to schedule posts.

19 comments:

  1. This is beautiful, it's so detailed but quite simple too. I love the colours. The background is lovely and matches my finger tips, as I was playing with purple spray ink last night...I can help out if you need a hand re: scheduling posts. I will have a margarita for you tonight :) Cx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning work there Cara and glad you enjoyed your new stamps. I have not got that set...so its you this time making me feel I neeeeeeeddddd that set.

    I can see where you are coming from with the background...never waste a scrap of ink if you can help it.

    crafty hugs Pen x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Cara what beautiful colors, card design and framing.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Cara,
    what a very lovely card.
    I love your stamped image, and wonderful background.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card Cara....such a pretty image and colours...lovely make....Joolsx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card Cara....such a pretty image and colours...lovely make....Joolsx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Cara, I hope by now your meds are settling in and that you are feeling much better.
    Your card is beautiful, I love your image and the pretty background, lovely design, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card is gorgeous Cara! I love the colours you've used and those little birds look fabulous sitting up in the branches. Shell :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your recent makes are lovely Cara. Judy x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your recent makes are lovely Cara. Judy x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aww wow this is fabulous!! How clever are you!! Just beautiful!
    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a variety of processes to achieve this beautiful card. A work of Art!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You're only not sure cause this is so different to your normal card. I love the background and the tree with wee birdies. A lovely atmospheric card.
    Hugs Erika. x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card Cara! I know what you mean about the photos, I have a camera that should do just about anything, but I find it impossible to capture shimmer on a card! What's that about anyway! lol. Beautiful image. hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. A gorgeous card, with a simple but beautiful scene. xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. LOVE this scene you created, Cara! It all came together beautifully in my opinion

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful card Cara, your tree is so pretty! Our trees are full of birds at the minute - I've had to start closing our bedroom window or else the dawn chorus wakes me waayyyy too early ;)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow Cara this turned out wonderful. I will have to check out the tree stamp, love that you can add the branches separately.Your colouring of the whole card is perfect as are the little birds.
    Ahh the angle of the card, I am still stumped by that so cant offer any advice there, it can be so annoying but honestly this card looks fine.

    ReplyDelete
  19. It's gorgeous Cara and don't worry about the angle on photographs of your card. I'm pretty sure it happens to all of us. I've learnt to live with it and concentrate on the cards as there is only so much that I can control. As for the scheduling email me if you are stuck huni - always happy to help new or newer bloggers as I remember how intimidating it is. I was lucky to find a magazine article when I first started and that taught me the simple steps and a bit more Karen x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Please ignore any requests to prove you're not a robot and just press publish. Cara x