Tuesday 26 April 2016

Best wishes


I think I may actually have been organised and managed to combine two challenges in one card for a change!
The current Butterfly challenge is to use texture and or teal with your butterfly and over at Retro rubber they have a sketch challenge

The rules at retro rubber are that you must use a stamp at least a year old and give its approximate age. I thought this Hero Arts Leafy Vines stamp would fit the bill, but couldn't remember how old it was. I had a quick search of my emails and discovered that I had ordered it on 1st July 2013. Oh the joys of an unlimited mailbox and being too lazy to delete things!
I stamped the vines in versamark and heat embossed in gold. I trimmed it to fit and added a strip of teal (it's more green than the photo shows) card and gold ribbon before mounting it on a thin gold mat (it's straighter in real life honest). I die cut the All Occasions butterflies out of the same teal card and added to the vines in appropriate places/to hide any smudges. The sentiment is an ancient one that I got from Lakeland when they sold craft stuff.
For those of you who remember my asking for vibes for little Ava, after 5 months in hospital at GOSH, she was allowed an overnight visit home at the weekend and will hopefully be fully discharged in a couple of weeks time! Best news ever.

21 comments:

  1. Oooh I love this. The butterflies are very cool, popping out of their leafy environment. I love all the little touches of gold. LOL I do exactly the same thing when looking for items..search my gmail. Sounds like Ava is doing well, this is good news. Glad you played along with us again at Retro Rubber my friend. Cx

    ReplyDelete
  2. My word Cara this is stunning, what a gorgeous colour and wonderful design, love it. Hope you are feeling less whacked today, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic Cara love what you have made. Sounds interesting the Retro staming challenge , will have a look.

    Have a great evening Crafty hugs Pen x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card Cara. The texture element is spot on and I love the colour of the butterflies. Thankyou for fluttering by my challenge where your card will be entered twice. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! I really love the colors you chose and that leafy design is SO cool!! Butterflies were the perfect touch! Absolutely love this. Thank you for playing along with Retro Rubber (with extra "points" for being first!) and hope to see you in our gallery again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh so elegant, Cara! The gold embossed image and other gold details are wonderful with the butterflies. Makes me happy just looking at it. Thanks so much for taking time to figure out the age... it is so appreciated! Hope to see you in the Retro Rubber gallery often!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautifully intricate stamp and perfectly teamed with the butterflies. I laughed about the strategic placement to hide smudges - that's my trick!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous!!! Love the golden flourish with the dainty butterflies fluttering around it, gold always makes a statement on your cards. The gold panel looks perfectly straight to me and, if there were any smudges, you hid them perfectly with your sweet butterflies.
    Thank you for playing with us at Retro Rubber this week and we hope to see you again in the gallery soon.
    Hugs,
    Maria.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a gorgeous card Cara....Love the colours and the pretty butterflies....great background image....Joolsx

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a gorgeous card Cara....Love the colours and the pretty butterflies....great background image....Joolsx

    ReplyDelete
  11. An absolutely beautiful card Cara. That HA stamp is really spectacular. A lovely elegant card. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. An absolutely beautiful card Cara. That HA stamp is really spectacular. A lovely elegant card. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good news about baby Ava, home soon for good I hope.
    A super teal and gold card, a beautiful butterfly too. Get you covering two challenges, I struggle to do one!
    Enjoy the rest of the week, hugs Erika. x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous card.
    Greetings from Veerle

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful card Cara! Love the flourish design with the butterflies. Thanks for joining Retro Rubber challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very stylish card, the flourish is very elegant

    Thanks for entering the Butterfly challenge this time, Kim guest DT x

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is so eye catching and love the elegance and the touch of teal.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is just simply stunning!! I love the flourish background for your delicate little butterflies! : )

    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ahh our favourite Hero Art stamp, used beautifully here.
    Sick of hearinf from me yet. Your email must be going ping ping ping

    ReplyDelete
  20. That's such wonderful news about Ava, Cara! Thank you for letting us know! Your card is simply sensational! Congratulations on the well-deserved recognition from Retro Rubber!!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a beautiful card Cara! It has so much texture and softness. Your butterflies are wonderful! Thank you for joining us at Retro Rubber!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Please ignore any requests to prove you're not a robot and just press publish. Cara x