Tuesday 19 April 2016

I can't think of a suitable title!


Happy Tuesday! Is it as gloriously warm and sunny as it is here in your neck of the woods? The bunnies are sunbathing in the run and I can see their little white tummies. Guaranteed to make me go "awwww". My brain is fried from excel spreadsheets at work this morning so apologies if this post is even more vague than usual!
Today's card features a flamingo die that came with a craft magazine this month, not a scooby doo which one though. I cut it out from a snippet of pink card and then coloured in his legs and beak with a black pen and added a little glamour dust to his wing rather than emboss him to define them. The background paper was another magazine freebie which has been in my stash for quite some time. I die cut Simon Says Stamp stitched circles for the sentiment which was one of the first lili of the valley sets I ever bought. What colour does the miri card look to you? It is silver, but to me it looks more golden in the picture!
I'm off to Snippet's playground with this card as the pink, white and silver card are all from the bits box. Hopefully the treehouse doesn't get too hot in the warmer weather!
I'll give you a taste of our Discworld quiz, which book has the opening line, "The wind howled."?
Answer tomorrow! Hint: two books have this opening line.

8 comments:

  1. Very pretty and I feel your pain over the mirri coming out the wrong colour, it's always playing tricks like that on me!
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. A really lovely card Cara and the paper is lovely. I think miri card is always difficult to photograph. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this card Cara! Such pretty paper and a gorgeous design. The flamingo was a great freebie too. I'm with Jane and Barb about the mirri card - hard to understand why it happens. I think it picks up variations in light and often even what you're wearing :) My Merry Monday card the other day picked up the vivid pink of the top I was wearing!

    Lovely to see you in the Playground this week :)

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Cara, your card is beautiful, gorgeous paper and I love the flamingo. Super design, love it.
    No idea about the opening lines I'm afraid, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card just love the colours of the flamingo. Sorry I made you buy those stamps but do have fun.

    Crafty hugs Pen x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Cara, I love Flamingoes, I resisted the temptation to buy the mag, with the die, because I have way too many Flamingo items!! I think the card looks gold too! It all works really well together, the flowery background doesn't overpower the Flamingo. It is sunny here in London, making me feel less depressed about not being at home with the 31c weather my Husband keeps telling me about.. Cx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Cara . . . no, it's okay, we insulated the tree house. You'll be fine!
    BEAUTIFUL snippets card. The mirri card does look golden in the photo! What's that all about when it's SILVER IRL?

    See you in the Playground Tree house later

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cara, stunning with that gold frame, no... its silver, teacher will never believe you.You can go to the Treehouse with Sarn, but I'm behind the bike shed having a drinky poo. love your flamingo and background paper, not bad for freebies.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Please ignore any requests to prove you're not a robot and just press publish. Cara x