Sunday 17 April 2016

CAS(E) this sketch #168



My mojo may be back in the house, but I'm not exactly sure where it's hiding. I did however manage to make a card following the sketch at CAS(E) this sketch for the current challenge. I used a stamp set from Simon says Stamp and die cut it with the matching dies. I coloured the hot air balloons using  Spectrum Sparkle pens which hopefully shows in the second pic (yes, I took it outside on top of a bag of compost!) and the bunny with copics. The patterned paper is from Lili of the valley up and away paper pad and I added a little clear wink of stella to the darker clouds. The fishtail banner is from, um, not a clue but it's a purple coloured die if that helps? I snipped the banner and hid the join behind the balloon to extend it. The sentiment is from a woodware stamp. I tried leaving it at that but I couldn't resist adding a bit of faux stitching *hangs head in shame* I took a photo without the stitching, did I make the right decision?

I'm off to Skipton now to meet up with some other Discworld Fans. We meet up four or five times a year and do a quiz and have a laugh. One of our forum members has come over from America so today will be extra fun and one of the group was a Terry Pratchett's memorial on Thursday so we'll find out all about it. Hope you all have a great Sunday too x

12 comments:

  1. Very sweet Cara. Love the fishtail banner you used for your sentiment! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cara what a super cute card, love the wee bunny in the balloon.
    I hope you had fun at Skipton?

    Hugs Erika. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Have a lovely time today, glad your mojo has arrived back safe and well.

    crafty hugs Pen x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Cara, a beautiful card love the stitching, a great finishing touch... have a great week... Megan

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet card. I love the image and the sparkly balloon looks great. I do like the faux stitching too. Have a great time with your friends. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Cara, fab card, I love the image and your layout.
    I used to read Discworld books many years ago and thought them great fun. Such a pity that Terry died and with that awful disease, enjoy your evening with your like minded friends. Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card Cara, love the little bunny ! I think the faux stitching is a great finishing touch :)
    Hugs, Kaz x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very sweet. Yes, I love the faux stitching, it adds definition and crispness
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  9. Up up and away! Lovely card and I def prefer it WITH the stitching.

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Another excellent card Cara with your semi-mojo... I like the faux stitching..but I need you to put that banner die in the post to me :) Cx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, this is adorable! Super sweet take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a sweet little bunny! So cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Please ignore any requests to prove you're not a robot and just press publish. Cara x