Thursday 14 April 2016

Less is more - one layer geometric shapes




The challenge at Less is more this week is geometric shapes on the dreaded one layer card. Dum dum dum! Sorry, that was my attempt at dramatic music. My mojo is still missing, possibly eaten by a rabbit and so I was stumped. I finally remembered about the stamp set that came free with Creativity magazine a couple of months ago. I used an A6 card blank and stamped the hexagons at an angle, typically it was slightly too short and so I had to extend it slightly. Now I'm thinking why didn't I just trim a centimetre off the edge of the card! I heat embossed it with Wow metallic gold. I used a sentiment from TPC studio "Graduation" and heat embossed it in black. It is supposed to have a slightly grungy imperfect look to it honest. Apologies for the rubbish photos, the light is fading fast and I can't be doing with tidying up to take photos.
Hopefully my mojo will return soon. Hope you all have a great evening.

17 comments:

  1. Well, I think your mojo is very much in evidence on this card, Cara! Love the hexagon border and stamping it at an angle looks great. Thank you for joining us at Less is More this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card, love your design elements ..... they are fantastic and effective !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Cara, I think your card is fabulous, I love the CAS style and the hexagones are brilliant, love it, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it Cara. A very contemporary looking card. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think this is a great one layer card Cara, love the idea of the hexagons on the diagonal like that.
    Hugs, Kaz x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this stamp and I love what you have done with it!
    Super card!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card. What a great stamp - it looks super embossed with gold. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Using the stamps at an angle was inspired. Will file this in my brain for future use. A great CAS card. Lilian

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mmmm, as a CAS-lover, this looks like mojo in the house to me, Cara! I love your design and love that it could be used for either gender! (I think you did an excellent job on the edge bit; I couldn't tell it wasn't all one impression!) Enjoy your day! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a super CAS design and I certainly can't see the join in your border!
    Thanks so much for taking part
    Anne
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous Cara! Love the touch of gold, very elegant with the black and white! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think I might have a go at this one over the weekend, although my last attempt would qualify, best think of something else though.
    Love your pattern, it is very striking embossed in gold.

    Hugs Erika. x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great card, love the metallic sparkle x PS Uniko is looking for metallics. Why not hop over (bunny pun intended!) x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great card, love the freebie stamp you've used. Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cara, your mojo is getting stronger by the minute! What can I say except......stylish, opulent, elegance! Superb make with not a hint of a join ;-)
    It's lovely to see you again at Less is More.
    Sharon xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very stylish and CAS! The stamp looks amazing embossed in gold - great idea! This is a fab LIM entry :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Cool card, that stamp was a great freebie! Looks fab in gold :)
    Sorry to hear your mojo is misbehaving ... it just makes creating things so much more difficult (mine vanishes on a regular basis!)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Please ignore any requests to prove you're not a robot and just press publish. Cara x