Friday 29 April 2016

You're super!




Well, you are all super, every single one of you!
 The challenge over at Less is more this week is saints and dragons or heroes.  I bought the caped cuties stamps and dies from clearly besotted purely because it had a bunny superhero and so this was the perfect challenge to ink him up for the first time. I'd had it in my head that he would look good with a shaker background so when I saw the challenge over at AAA cards #63 CAS Shaker 

I knew it was finally time to get my fuse tool out of the box for the first time! I used Docrafts nesting star dies to cut out the aperture in the card and to create the gold frame. I made the shaker element using a plastic A4 punched pocket and some tiny stars from eBay. The great thing about the fuse tool is that you don't have the bulk of a normal shaker pocket so it posts better, it's instant to seal and with practice you can make some really fancy shapes and create sections within your shaker with different elements. I can see I'm going to be playing with it a lot more. You know me, I just had to add a little faux stitching, probably should have left it off, but hey ho.
Apologies for the poor photos, it's a very dull and wet day which isn't helping. I'm also struggling to get my blog to play ball with resizing photos etc. Think I'll have to give in and use the laptop rather than my iPad to have a tidy up later! Hope the weather isn't too bad wherever you are, I hear there's snow on the Pennines! Well, it is a bank holiday on Monday...

22 comments:

  1. Love how your shaker window is completely transparent and the little superhero is so cute. Thanks for playing at AAA Cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cara, fabulous shaker card, love the cute image and those glitter stars are wonderful, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fantastic. What a great use of the fuse tool (I'm very tempted now) and with a cute bunny hero - what's not to like! Great LIM entry!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic card, very clever shaker aperture, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Cara, I love your little bunny hero and your shaker card is absolutely gorgeous. I've not heard of the fuse too. Must have a look. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a terrifically innovative design we have here, love your little super hero!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  7. lovely card, the bunny is too cute, i like the see through shaker ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your creative shaker card! Thanks for sharing at Less is More!

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW! An adorably cute super hero and love the see-through shaker idea.
    Clever, neat and CAS and it's great to see you've played at Less is More and AAA Cards with this one. Thanks so much. Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your little super bunny! Interested to hear about the fuse tool too, never heard of one before. Thanks for sharing! Lou x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your little super bunny! Interested to hear about the fuse tool too, never heard of one before. Thanks for sharing! Lou x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the card, so cute. Shaker cards are so much fun. Thanks for the visit to mine and have a great weekend, Angela x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a clever card. I am a fan of Clearly Besotted stamps and you have used this one to great effect. Lilian

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a super card and I love the star theme. Brilliantly executed.
    Thanks for sharing with us.
    Anita x
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my goodness this is too cute!! Love that the whole shaker is clear too!
    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awww....Cara What a cute card...love the sweet image and the shaker design...great make....Joolsx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Awww....Cara What a cute card...love the sweet image and the shaker design...great make....Joolsx

    ReplyDelete
  18. What Cara, I seem to have missed this fuse tool, how bad of me, off to google it straight away. I love this card and the present challenge on LIS. A super shaker hero card. Your bunny is so very cute and the gold star certainly frames your shaker element perfectly.

    Hugs Erika. x

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a fun shaker card Cara - and your adorable hero is perfect for our theme!
    Thanks so much for joining us
    Anne
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your shaker card is super cute!! I'm just figuring out that the fuse tool is great for making these type of cards LOL :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great shaker, love how it's transparent and that super bunny is the cutest. thanks for sharing with us at AAA Cards!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful card, will have to give that star idea a try, very nice for a shaker card. Love your superhero.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Please ignore any requests to prove you're not a robot and just press publish. Cara x