Saturday 30 April 2016

Hugs



Sarn recently introduced me to Uniko stamps and twisted my arm up my back to make me buy some (honestly she did, Oooh look at that my nose is getting longer...) Anyway I also discovered that they have a challenge blog and the current theme is metallics. Obviously that was the perfect excuse to ink up one of the sets I'd purchased, Fun Flowers, although you don't have to use their products to enter. I have to say I'm very impressed with the stamps, good prices and they take the ink beautifully, no balling up of the ink if you know what I mean that you sometimes get on new stamps.
I took a 5x5 card blank, added a gold mat and then trimmed a piece of white card to sit on top. I then had fun building up patterns with black versafine ink. I cut a strip of white vellum and attached it to the stamped card by wrapping it round the sides and using red tape on the back to secure it and then stuck the card onto the gold mat. I die cut lawn fawn scripty hugs out of gold card and glued it onto the strip of vellum.
Apologies once again for the rubbish photos, what is the weather doing? It was fine first thing, then we had an incredibly heavy downpour for half an hour and now it's just grey. Not good for photos! Hope you all have a great weekend x

11 comments:

  1. Wow Cara I love this card, the floral background is very striking in B & W then I love how you have layered the vellum and the sentiment really pops in gold. Super job!

    The weather is potty just now, where has Spring gone, drove through a horrible snow storm yesterday was like going warp speed in Star trek!

    Hugs Erika. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cara I love this. Great stamping and I really like the gold sentiment on the vellum strip. A really stylish looking card. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant card Cara....Love the stamped flower images and the vellum and gold sentiment.....Joolsx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant card Cara....Love the stamped flower images and the vellum and gold sentiment.....Joolsx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this Cara, especially the way you have left the stamped background black and white. To prevent balling of ink, I wipe new stamps with a baby wipe before the first inking :) Re: the heat tool - stranded is a lie, I live 5 mins from my friends house and I am just too lazy to go and get it, I spent an afternoon teaching her son and accidentally left it there.. The weather is not much better here in NYC..what the hell its almost MAY!! Cx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Cara, what a striking card, black and white is always fabulous and th little pop of gold with the sentiment is inspired.
    Hope all is well with the bunnies, have a lovely evening, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh this is gorgeous, I love that stamp!
    PS Simon Says Stamp have a metallic theme on the go too:
    http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/?p=4787

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bwahaha haaaaa . . . YEAH . . . I twisted that arm RIGHT up your back to MAKE you buy some pretty stamps! I'll take the blame, I have broad shoulders!

    LOVE LOVE LOVE what you've done with what I thought were leaves, only you've cleverly used them as PETALS. Smart thinking!

    I agree, the Uniko stamps stamp beautifully. I love 'em and hope to win some more . . . if not I'll have to go spend some pennies!

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautiful card, hope your arm and nose have recovered.lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooh fabulous card! Great use of the new stamp set. Love the monochrome, gold & vellum Lindsey x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning card, super happy to see you using your Uniko goodies and joining in on the challenge :) Hope to see you in store and joining in on more challenges! Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Please ignore any requests to prove you're not a robot and just press publish. Cara x