Monday 18 April 2016

Fab n Funky - girly and pretty



So the theme over at Fab n Funky this week is girly and pretty and by coincidence the card I've just finished making falls bang into that category. Well, I think it's girly and pretty anyway.
The image is lili of the valley and I die cut it and a gold mat out with tattered lace essential ovals. I also added a gold mat behind some patterned paper from a lili of the valley pad. The green die cut is using a tonic die, but I haven't got a clue what it's called! I added some pink mulberry flowers and pink gems and some glamour dust to her wings and the dandelion seeds.
I had a lovely time catching up with my Discworld friends in Skipton yesterday. One of them had come over from America and it was lovely to see her again after 2 years. Pat had attended the Terry Pratchett Memorial last Thursday and had been awarded on stage "The Order of the Honey Bee as a token of Terry's gratitude to him. We were honoured to see close up photographs of the stunning honey bee tie pin that he had been awarded and promised that we can see it in real life at his summer barbecue, as long as we pass all the security checks that is! I managed to come joint second in the quiz with a score of 12/42, Pat as usual came first with 16/42. We do have some fiendish quizzes, this one was based on correctly identifying the first lines of Discworld novels. We all call ourselves fans and yet we were scratching our heads trying to remember the names of the books let alone what was inside them!

8 comments:

  1. It sounds as if you had a great time with your friends yesterday Cara. I think my hubby has read all Terry Pratchett's books and my friends son is a keen Disc World fan.

    Your card is so pretty. I love the sweet image and the colours are lovely too. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you had a great time. My Ma is a huge Terry Pratchett fan! I love your colouring here and the amazing swirls / flourishes. I wish I had the patience with the faux stitching..instead I cheat and buy dies :) Cx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pleased you had a good time with your friends. The card is gorgeous, love the image and the die cut finishes it off lovely. Have a great crafty week, Angela x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Cara....sweet image and pretty colours....sounds like you had a great time with your friends....Joolsx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card Cara....sweet image and pretty colours....sounds like you had a great time with your friends....Joolsx

    ReplyDelete
  6. How pretty Cara, lovely colours and embellishments and of course the Fairy is gorgeous.
    Pleased to hear you had such a fab time with your friends, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like you had fun at the quiz Cara.
    A perfectly pretty card, can't beat the LOTV cute images, loving how you've framed her and the added sparkle too.

    Have a super Tuesday, hugs Erika. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous girly card, very pretty!.. Thanks for playing along with us at Fab'n'Funky this week.
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Please ignore any requests to prove you're not a robot and just press publish. Cara x