Friday 15 April 2016

Oldie Friday!


Blimey, how did it get to be Friday already? I'm glad it is though as it's a much welcomed day off. The only thing planned today is a trip to the vets this afternoon for Parsley's check up. The vet nurse gave me a top tip. Parsley meds have to be syringed into his mouth. First challenge is to get the syringe into his mouth, bunny burrito helps (wrapping him in a towel so he can't escape) but then he lets the meds dribble out of the other side of his mouth! The nurse suggested I add a drop of ribena to the meds as they like the sweetness and by golly it works! Rather than dribbling he licks it out of the syringe.
Anyway, back to business, as it's Friday it's time to join the lovely Erika to share a crafty make of any description from the archives. As you may have guessed I'm sharing with you the one and only pair of socks that I knitted back in 2007. I still have them in my sock drawer! They were knitted from a self striping yarn. I learnt that if you want your socks to match you need to start knitting the second one at the same part of the colour repeat, or you end up with odd ones. Mum had to help me turn the heel, but it wasn't as hard as I thought. I still have memories of stabbing myself in the chest with the double pointed needles though!

11 comments:

  1. They certainly look very snuggly socks and well done you. I have a thing about socks and love the feel of new ones. If I won the lottery I would wear a new pair of socks every day.

    I hope the check up goes well. It does sound as if Parsley is back to normal and I loved the story about Ribena. Who would have thought it. Enjoy your day at home. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow fancy socks Cara, love them. I'd love to be able to knit, I could do the basics as a child but have never gone back to it.
    Love your oldie this week and thank you for joining me.

    I hope Parsley's check up goes well later too.

    Have a lovely weekend, hugs Erika. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww what gorgeous sockies!!
    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Cara,
    you are a lady with many talents.
    Super socks, and they look so cosy and warm.
    I must admit I have done quite a lot of knitting in my time, but have never attempted a pair of socks.
    Have a very lovely weekend.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous sock, Cara,that requires real patience!!! well done and oh your cards below so many lovely creations,
    Thanks so much for the inspiration,
    Shaz in Oz.x

    {Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Cara, lovely cosy looking socks, and well done for having a go at knitting them. I'm a sock knitter, hence the name of my blog, I love the fact that I can carry my knitting around with me when I have socks on the pins, I even take them to parties, sad or what.
    Good luck for Parsley, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Afternoon Cara, hope all goes well at the vets today for you and your little ones. What a great idea from the vet.

    love those socks, i so wish i could wear wool but i am allergic love those stripes.

    crafty hugs Pen x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those socks look so comfy and warm it's a wonder you still have them - I'd have worn them out lounging around in the evenings with them on!
    That bunny med tip is such a good one too.
    Sharon xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Brilliant!! I love that you still have them. You should heed my Dads advice about matching socks he thinks that it is 'off trend' to wear matching socks and only 'fuddy duddies' do that now...You can see why I am willing to fly home every 6 weeks to see my crazy parents..Have a great weekend, I'm in the BA lounge drinking a lot of BOOZE. Cx

    ReplyDelete
  10. OK, those might be my favourite socks EVER!!! Love them! You are a talented lady Cara, love that you knit...a craft form that I never took to. hugs and happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your socks are fab, I wouldn't have a clue how to turn a heel!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Please ignore any requests to prove you're not a robot and just press publish. Cara x