Monday 4 April 2016

It didn't start out as white...


I hope you all had a creative weekend. This going to work malarkey doesn't half cut into your crafting time. Just doing three four hour days this week, so I should be grateful, but I was suprised how tired I was over the weekend. Apologies if I haven't commented on your blog yet, I'm trying to catch up. I didmanage to get some colouring done over the weekend, so I'll try and make them into cards on my day off tomorrow, in between doing the shopping and trip to the vets!
I thought I'd share this card that I made a week or two ago with my current love kraft card. I used a stamp from woodware and stamped it in black archival and coloured it in with my spectrum noir pencils. Then the problems began, I decided to add some white accents with a gel pen. Well, I got a bit carried away adding white to the "creases" on the lower pink petal. It looked rubbish. The only way I could think of saving it was to colour over the black ink with the white pen, which meant that I then had to cover all the black ink! So, the image outline turned from black to white, but I think I got away with it.

8 comments:

  1. Hi Cara,
    oh this is gorgeous.
    I love that super flower outlined in white.
    I am sure it looks much better than the black did.
    What a wonderful stamps, and great stitching around the edges.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cara I don't think I would have time to go to work, with my crafting. Hehe But back to your card beautiful and yes you got away with your 'mistake' as I had to look again to see what you were talking about.

    Have a relaxing evening

    Crafty hugs Pen x

    Groovyquail.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Cara this is so lovely and I like the one below too they are so pretty. Happy crafting, Angela x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Cara, this is really beautiful, your colouring is fabulous, even if as you say you got carried away with the white, I love the image and on kraft card it looks brilliant, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these Kraft cards you are making the touch of colour really pops off the card. Thanks for the heads up for the LIS challenge, I have joined again today. All these challenges, I am quite enjoying myself!
    Your life sounds just like mine. I only work part time too but with all the other things that need doing it does eat into your craft time.
    Unless you go on strike, like I appear to have over the last few days!

    Hugs Erika. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. You definitely got away with it Cara. Looks great to me. Sort of folk arty. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cara your mistake turned out bloody marvellous. Love it, white definitely works. Brilliant card. Just hate when you end up having to do all the extra work to save it though hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  8. YUP, Cara, good rescue! you could've shared this in Darnell's booboo challenge .. love this one ..
    Thanks so much for sharing.
    Shaz in Oz.x

    {Shaz in Oz – Calligraphy Cards}

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Please ignore any requests to prove you're not a robot and just press publish. Cara x