Sunday 10 April 2016

Let them eat cake ATC


Happy Sunday to you! The sun is out here is Lancashire and the bunnies are sunbathing in the run. Parsley's check up went well yesterday and his throat is healing well. As Parsley and Bramble are bonded, when we have a trip to the vets they both go to keep each other company and to provide moral support. The vet that has been treating Parsley also treated Bramble for her squeak and so Bramble got cuddles off her too! 
Right, down to business. I'm sharing with you today the two ATC's that I made for the craft telly forum swap. The theme was "the icing on the cake", only I misremembered it as "have your cake and eat it". They both involved cake at least! I was wondering what to do and I remembered this stamp by lili of the valley that is in the style of Marie Antoinette, who was alleged to have said "let them eat cake", hence my ATC. I used my spellbinders ATC die to cut a piece of stamping card, stamped the image in momento tuxedo black and yes, you guessed it, my copics to colour in. It doesn't show up well on the picture but I used the sparkly silver pen that Sarn forced me to buy to colour in the mirror and the gold one to add to her necklace and bracelet. I finished them off with a little faux stitching to define the edge.

10 comments:

  1. Afternoon Cara, so glad all went well at the Vets. Bless them.

    Love your ATC's - something I have yet to try. The colouring is just wonderful. Great work.

    Crafty hugs Pen x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I didn't realise you were a Lancashire lass (I'm not very good about reading bios) - so am I originally although I now live in exile in Hampshire
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  3. What great ATC's and wonderful colouring. You could make a whole set of these in different colours Cara. I love the way that your lady looks quite prim and proper :) X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely little cards Cara, and good the bunnies are all fine now, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super ATCs Cara. Love the cute images, beautifully coloured. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful ATCs Cara....love the pretty image and colours....Joolsx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful ATCs Cara....love the pretty image and colours....Joolsx

    ReplyDelete
  8. They are lovely ATCs Cara. That pen Sarn made you buy works really well. I wish I had one. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful ATCs. Imagine Sarn forcing you to buy those sparkly pens, shame on her.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have shaded those dresses so well! Such lovely atcs.
    Sharon xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Please ignore any requests to prove you're not a robot and just press publish. Cara x