Saturday 9 April 2016

Lili of the valley April challenge



I thought I'd share with you the card I made for the Lili of the valley April challenge. They have a colour challenge and you have to use at least three of the following
A - Aqua
P - Pink
R - Red
I - Ivory
L - Lilac
You can enter via Facebook or email, if like me you don't do the F word!
You might have spotted this card on my desk in Wednesday. I used red for the toadstools, ivory for the scalloped mat and flowers and lilac for her shoes, dress and flowers. As usual I used my trusty copics and added some glossy accents and glamour dust to her wings and to the moon and stars. I embossed the background paper with a Simon says stamp falling stars stencil. I used some paper flowers from my stash which I rubbed a little clear stickles on to and added some foliage from a poppy stamps die I think. Hopefully the sparkle shows up better on the second picture.
I'm sure you'll be pleased to know that Parsley appears to be his normal happy self this morning, running about and trying to steal the food out of Bramble's mouth! He wasn't too keen on having his medicines but with Hubby's help we managed it. When I finally got the syringe in his mouth he swallowed the meds rather than letting it dribble out the other side, which is a classic rabbit trick. Off to the vets this afternoon for a check up, but I'm not worried about him at all. Parsley and Bramble are both Netherland Dwarfs which is one of the smallest breeds and characterised by their dinky ears. Their colouring is known as black otter, which means they have black coats with white tummies and white around their eyes, mouth, in their ears and front of their neck like a necklace. They also have a tan coloured patch between their ears on the back of their head.
There you go, bunny 101 knowledge for you!

11 comments:

  1. Wow, this is beautiful Cara!! What a wonderful image and I love how you have created the illusion of a night sky in the background!! Amazing! The glitter is just the icing on the cake! Well done! hugs and happy weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a stunning card Cara, well done. Like the idea of using the colours from the name April - cleaver idea.

    fingers crossed all is going to be OK at the Vets this afternoon, thinking of you and of course your little bunnies.

    crafty hugs Pen x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is so gorgeous!! Love the embossed background and flower arrangement!
    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Cara, and pleased that Parsley is back to normal.
    Your card is gorgeous, beautiful colouring and what a sweet image, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Cara glad to hear the good news about Parsley. I'm sure not having to worry about him now will make you feel a bit better too.

    Your card is absolutely Beautiful. What a lovely image and I love the lovely bright colours, Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww that is just the sweetest card ever, Cara!
    Glad to hear your bunny is doing well :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just stunning! Fabulous image and I love the design of the card. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card is a stunner. Totally adorable. Thanks for the wabbit 101! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card Cara....Love the sweet image beautifully coloured....and the stars embossing.....
    I used to have a black bunny way back in the 50s....used to bit everyone and and chase the cat! poor thing...glad to hear your bunny is doing well...Joolsx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card Cara....Love the sweet image beautifully coloured....and the stars embossing.....
    I used to have a black bunny way back in the 50s....used to bit everyone and and chase the cat! poor thing...glad to hear your bunny is doing well...Joolsx

    ReplyDelete
  11. You really have got colouring these LOYV images off to perfection! I adore the spotty background, I haven't done that on an image for ages. Must try to fit it in sometime.
    Sharon xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Please ignore any requests to prove you're not a robot and just press publish. Cara x